This recipe is an oldie but a goodie… I make it at least once a week because it is that good and super easy. Healthy dinner for two coming right up!!Ingredients:
- 2 half-pound fresh salmon fillets (always make sure it came in that day when you buy it!)
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- Spray butter (I like the one by Parkay)
- McCormick Grill Mates Low Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut thin slices into the potatos but don’t cut all the way through- stop right before you get to the the bottom. (My suggestion: use a sharp knife)
- Use the spray butter to spray in between each crevice and finish off with a spray on top of the potato.
- Wrap the potato in foil and bake at 425 for an *hour (*Can cook longer if not soft enough – or steam in the microwave for a few minutes to quicken the process and make it perfect)
- Meanwhile, line a rimmed baking pan with non-stick tin foil. (for fast clean-up, of course!)
- Put salmon onto the baking sheet and sprinkle the Montreal Steak Seasoning over it.
- Once the sweet potato has been in the oven for 40 minutes, put the baking pan with the salmon into oven (with the potato) for 20 minutes. (Sometimes, I broil on low for 2-3 minutes at the end to give the salmon a nice airy crisp)
- Take out the potato* and salmon and plate away!
- FYI* When I unwrap the potato, I put it on the plate and then drizzle the excess spray butter from the bottom of the foil over the top of the sweet potato.
Ah soo delish! Enjoy!!!!!!!
PS If you get a chance to make it, let me know what you think!! XO