Tonight I will be making a dish reminiscent of my childhood…
none other than my delicious
- 2.5 – 7 oz. canned salmon (boneless and skinless – drained)
- 1 cup dried Italian Style breadcrumbs (I like to use the kind by Progresso)
- 3 tbs. egg whites (OR 1 egg if you prefer)
- 2 finely crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 tbs. olive oil – or as needed
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the salmon, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, crushed saltines, garlic powder, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Make small-to-medium size patties out of the mixture (I’m usually able to make 6)
- Cook patties in the hot oil until lightly browned and cooked through; 4 minutes per side typically works well (or after the patties have been on the skillet for 4 minutes each, you may want to flip them every 2 minutes until they are cooked to your liking)
- If need be, season with more salt and/or pepper.
- Serve hot!!!
And that’s that! I like to serve on top of rice (My fav is Trader Joe’s Frozen Rice Medley).
Once again, you got yourself another healthy and fulfilling meal!! Yummmmmmmmmy.