This is the easiest, fastest, and best of all, most delicious meal in the whole entire world. To quote myself, “it tastes just like steak!” HAHA
…but seriously. It does. Actually, it might even be better! Plus, it makes the perfect vegetarian entree :)
Serves 2 but adjust if need be…
- 2 large mushroom caps OR 6 baby mushroom caps (baby caps shown in above picture)
- Olive oil cooking spray (I prefer the one by PAM)
- Marinara sauce
(any brand/flavor works – I like Trader Joe’s Marinara Sauce – Organic, No Salt Added)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano/per shroom cap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with non-stick tin foil. (for fast clean-up, of course!)
- Spray the olive oil spray directly onto one entire mushroom cap, making sure to coat the top and the bottom fully. Repeat with the remainder caps.
- Put the caps onto the baking pan with the top-side up and bake in oven for 3 minutes.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven, flip them, and add marinara sauce to the inside of the caps. Fill with the sauce completely. (A few spoonfuls per shroom should work)
- Add the dried oregano on top of the sauce before adding a sprinkle of shredded cheese to cover it.
- Bake in oven for 7-10 more minutes. Cheese should be melted!
- Serve immediately and enjoy the steak-like texture and deliciousness =)
You’re done! Just like that… so easy right?! Don’t forget to serve the mushroom caps on top of or next to rice. (As always, I love to use Trader Joe’s Frozen Rice Medley).
EAT IT. LOVE IT. MAKE IT AGAIN!