This is actually my mom’s recipe but I’ve renamed it Man Pleasing Shrimp Creole because my hubby is obsessed. He absolutely loves it! I love it too and for more reasons than one: not only is it a super delicious, unique meal to serve, but I’m able to whip it up in no time! So so easy!!
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped orange peppers (or any color you prefer)
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup (Campbell’s works well)
- 2 lb. frozen bag of cooked tail-off shrimp (thawed overnight prior to making this)
- 1 – 10 oz. bag of Trader Joe’s Frozen Rice Medley OR a box of your favorite quinoa
- Put chopped veggies in a nonstick stove-top pan on medium-high heat and sauté with canola oil until semi-soft.
- Pour the can of stewed tomatoes and the can of tomato soup into pan.
- Mix well over veggies and smash stewed tomatoes in pan.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. (stirring every few minutes)
- Pour all the thawed and washed shrimp into pan. Mix well and continue to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Done! Take the pan off of the heat and serve over the rice or quinoa :)
There you have it.
You may or may not have leftovers… we usually do not!
No matter what, I know you’ll be yearning for more. Enjoy!!