What would you wear on the first day of school?
Archives for August 2013
I tend to click on web links 24/7 like it’s my job, all in hopes of coming across something interesting, entertaining, endearing, funny, and above all, exciting to read. Once a month, I am going to compile a list of links that I’ve recently clicked on & post them under the heading of “I Adore What I CLICK”. My sources are sure to be random, whimsical, & unpredictable; please be sure to let me know what you think!
- Donnie Wahlberg is kind of dirty. And I witnessed his shenanigans for myself when I saw him in concert a few weeks ago. Yes, this really did happen. OH MY GD.
- If my husband wore a watch, I would get him this customizable version. With the ability to alert you of iMessages, calendar and schedule updates, facebook and twitter notifications, amongst a ton of other cool features, this thing is pretty awesome!
- I started following this Pinterest board aptly titled, “My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter“. Ummm enough said.
- Are you a pop (or soda) drinker?? You won’t be after reading this. Scarrrrrrry.
- You don’t have to be sitting all day at your desk job… get up and move a little bit without anyone at the office even realizing!
- I’m a sucker for nostalgia. I honestly have fond memories of every one of these things from my childhood. Thank you BuzzFeed.
- These floral straws give me a reason to never want to eat again (sipping only!)
- Packing like a pro… not sure it’s ever going to work for me but this video is cute and leaves me with something to think about for when I travel next.
- THEE most amazing vending machine in an airport that exists. Not to mention the prettiest too.
- The school year is beginning before we know it. Let’s take a minute to enjoy Hollywood’s trendiest kids. Is it me or are they growing up too fast??
Another great weekend we had this summer was when we went to Randolph Street Market with our friends Laura and Adelmo. For those of you who don’t know, Randolph Street Market is a really cool street fair with tons and tons of antiques and awesome gems to pick up for your home (or office, etc). From sa-weet furniture to unique trinkets, this is the place to go on the weekends… even if it’s just to look around! I had never been and am so glad that we finally made it, even though I have to admit that antiques are not my thing, I loved looking around and helping our friends choose some great finds for their new abode! Bargaining and all – it made for the best little Saturday. Don’t believe me? Take a look below at all the fun iPhone pictures that I took :) For the Randolph Street Market Schedule, click here.
There are only a few weekends left in the summer to enjoy it!
If it’s real ice cream, my favorites typically include any flavor that includes the words “mint-chocolate-chip” in it’s name (have you read my “about me” blurb to the top right-hand side of the page?). 31 Flavors/Baskin Robbins is and always will be a front runner reminiscent of my childhood days – courtesy of my momma – but if I can’t get to the local shop, Edy’s Slow Churned is where it’s at. When I’m yearning for the frozen yogurt variety, I’m the type of gal that likes to mix 3-6 different flavors in my cup (yes, you heard that right – 3 to 6 flavors) and then top it all off with low-fat granola, bananas, maybe strawberries, a little coconut, and maybe some sprinkles if I’m in the mood. While I do tend to frequent the self-serve shops, like Forever Yogurt or Yogurt Land, my true-preference is Pinkberry (I mean, do you remember when I made it my goal this month to eat it as much as possible in my August must-dos??}
As you know, I love me some Bachelor/Bachelorette but this season for some reason was not as exciting for me as in year’s past. I found myself checking and responding to emails on my computer or making dinner or even scrolling through my instagram feed on my phone all while watching each episode this entire season. For the first time in Bachelor history, the episodes never really held my full attention.
I was singing a different tune!
I have to admit though, that I was not expecting that to be the outcome! Not knowing a thing this time around, I really thought that Brooks was going to come back to Antigua, confess his true love for Des and that they were going to end up engaged and happily ever after. As someone who never really was a fan of Brooks, it’s safe to say that I’m glad I was wrong. She’s way too good for him anyways. (Though I do think he came off very charming last night on ‘After the Final Rose’, not going to lie!)