Ohh Em Gee! How can it be? Today I Adore What I Love officially turns ONE!!!!!
Very exciting in my opinion! To think, one year has already passed since I was inspired to create this little lifestyle blog… I can hardly believe it!
Since I didn’t do it within my Thanksgiving post (I opted to post a delicious recipe instead), I’d like to take this time to share with you, my
readers friends, why I’m so thankful.
Life is good and I know that I’m lucky but it’s not everyday that I take time to appreciate the little things. Although we all should, most of us don’t. That’s why Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays during the year… because you’re supposed to think about the things you value and the things in life that make you smile.
[Speaking of Turkey Day, I hope you all had an excellent weekend off celebrating with family and friends, relaxing by the fire, and enjoying your time to yourself!!!!]
Anyways, back to what I was saying earlier, we all have SO many things to be thankful for and appreciative of. Here are my things: (Disclosure: I might get a little mushy. Please don’t judge. Thanks)
1. My husband. He’s amazing in every way. Truly don’t know what I would do with him and feel so beyond lucky that I get to share the rest of my life with him by my side. He’s the love of my life and the best guy I know!
2. My family. There’s a reason why I’ll never leave Chicago… and they play the biggest part in that decision.
3. Speaking of family, I’m thankful for my niece who is yet to be born! She’s going to be the most loved baby in the whole wide world and I can’t wait for her to enter the world in March of this year!!!
4. Working at such a wonderful school with the sweetest first graders in the game. I literally leave the workplace everyday pinching myself because I love what I do so much. I appreciate the teachers I work with, the kids that I teach and the relationships that I’ve made along the way.
5. Chicago. Oh man, I am beyond thankful for Chicago. I just love it. The changing seasons. Michigan Avenue. The neighborhood that I live in. The shopping it offers. The ridiculously amazing restaurants we get to dine at. Running along the lake in the summer. The beautiful skyline that I get to see everyday. Ahhh I could go on and on. I’m obsessed.
6. Mushrooms and mint. You know my favorite food is mushrooms. I pretty much use them in every recipe that I make because there’s just so much you can do with them (for instance: you can make this). And you know about my mint fixation. Two words: nothing better.
7. My best friends. You know who you are. I wouldn’t be me without you. You’re supportive, funny, loving, sweet and you make everyday better. Thank you.
8. This blog. Wow. No words can describe how I feel about this blog. First of all, after a year, I still can’t believe that I actually had the courage to start this whole thing. Writing is super therapeutic for me and when I get home for work with the kiddies, it’s just what the doctor ordered! I love sharing all my tips and tricks and faves with you guys. It’s so fun! Lots of people have told me that I need to start sharing outfit posts and let me tell you, it scares the living daylights outta me!! But maybe, just mayyyybe, I will start doing more of that within the next year. Can’t believe I said that out loud. If you missed my pseudo outfit post this past weekend, see it here. Most of all though, your positive feedback keeps me going. It’s my fuel to continue writing. Feel free to comment on each post!!! I loveeee reading the comments!! ***And if you didn’t know, when I first started blogging, I literally didn’t tell ANYONE but my husband and my mom about it for months. I was writing, and nobody knew. Once I started telling people, it started to feel more natural. Now it’s second nature. The blog has been redesigned (and it’s still a work in progress… have you noticed my new share bar below each post?!?! One click and you can share via facebook, twitter, pinterest, and you can even email any individual post to a friend!) and to think about what it was like before and what it’s like now, I can’t even deal. It’s crazy!! In the best way possible!!!
9. Being able to travel and celebrate all my best friends engagements, showers, bachelorette parties, and weddings. Isaiah and I love seeing and celebrating the good things in life and these moments are memories in the making. So blessed that we’re able to partake in most of it all. It’s the best feeling in the world being able to be there for my friends.
10. Last but not least, I’m thankful for YOU!
And because of YOU, I present you with
I Adore What I Love’s VERY… FIRST… GIVEAWAY!!!!!!
What am I giving away, you ask??? A $25 dollar gift card to one of my favorite stores in the world… BLOOMINGDALE’S!
All you have to do is enter via Rafflecopter below, an anonymous third party who will pick the winner next Wednesday!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
After you enter, go ahead and share the wealth by clicking one of the social media share buttons below!
Because who doesn’t want a little extra spending money at Bloomingdale’s?!!?