It’s been awhile since I posted a new recipe on the blog but tonight I made something so freaking delish that it would be a crime not to share it with the world… or at least the little world that I’ve created within the realm of I Adore What I Love.
I call it “Stir-Fry with Salmon Chunks” but I suppose Salmon Stir-Fry sounds better? Either way, let’s be honest here… I didn’t use the traditional wok to make this dish. Ooops! You can though, and totally should if you have one avail and decide to give this recipe a go yourself. I bet it will taste even better than mine, although I don’t know how that’s possible.
Also, I cheated a little bit: since I like my veggies really reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy soft and well-done, and was hungry and didn’t want this recipe to take a million years, I put the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (separately, of course) into the microwave using my nifty little steamer prior to adding them to the stove-top pan where my orange peppers and kale were already cooking. Please don’t tell anyone I did that, okay? THANKS! (Although it is my best kept secret… shhhhh)
About those salmon chunks! I made salmon yesterday (a filet for myself and one for my hubby) and was looking for a new recipe because I always do the same thing of simply topping it off with Montreal Steak Seasoning. I happened to be talking to my mother-in-law on my way home from work and she told me about an easy salmon recipe that someone had previously taught her. Basically, she does the same as me BUT on top of the Montreal Steak Seasoning, she adds a sprinkle of brown sugar. OMG it was amazing! I don’t know what it is but that tiny drizzle of brown sugar on top makes it into a completely different meal… a better meal… a less boring meal… one FULL of flavor and still so incredibly easy. I’ve decided that I will never make salmon any other way for now on! Actually, I probably will because I like to try new things but this specific salmon recipe will always be in the rotation in my house… always.
But I wanted to change things up and since I had lots of veggies and more salmon in my fridge, I thought I would make a vegetable stir-fry and cut the salmon into medium sized chunks to add to the end dish. YES, I made the salmon the same way that I did yesterday. I just couldn’t help myself :)
Take a look at the recipe below… enjoy!
- Warm EVOO in stove top pan on low.
- Add all veggies and cook on high (as I mentioned above, I pre-steamed some of them to make the process go faster) stirring consistently until tender.
- Add garlic and oregano.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut salmon into medium size cubed chunks.
- Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning (I use the low sodium version - see above for link).
- Then top with a sprinkle of brown sugar (I used light brown sugar).
- Put in TOASTER oven for 15 minutes at 420 degrees.
- Plate with rice, salmon chunks, and vegetable stir-fry.
- Add other vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, celery, etc.
- Choose different herbs to add to the dish such as rosemary, thyme, or basil.