On the menu of recipe-dishing (did I just make up a new phrase??) tonight:
Rosemary Chicken with Sliced New Potatoes & Oven Baked Asparagus.
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. yellow new potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- salt, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a very large bowl, mix 2 tbs. olive oil with the paprika, rosemary leaves, minced garlic, pepper, and about 1 tsp. salt.
- Put the chicken and potatoes in the bowl and mix well until the oil and spice mixture is fully coated over the chicken and potatoes.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with non-stick tin foil. (for fast clean-up, of course!)
- Pour all the chicken and potatoes onto the pan and put in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn over each of the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, line a second rimmed baking pan with non-stick tin foil and spread out the asparagus onto the pan.
- Drizzle 1 tbs. olive oil over asparagus; then coat with salt to taste. Mix well amongst the asparagus bunch.
- Put in oven (the chicken and potatoes should still be in there) and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning every so often.
In the end, you have yourself a nice, hearty, flavorful meal that’s super filling too!
As always, let me know what you think if you get a chance to make it =)