There are so many things that I plan on doing, so behold…
- Read a good book at the park near my apartment! I have my eyes on buying Little Known Facts: A Novel by: Christine Sneed, who just so happens to be a Chicagoan in her own right. From what I’m told, the story is about the effects that Hollywood has had on a big-time, hot-shot actor’s family life. I hear it’s not only great, but also a really easy read – perfect for June!
- Speaking of parks, I’ll be heading over to the one near my apartment once again, this time at night to watch a movie in the park! “Movies in the Park” is put on by the Chicago Park District every year at 150 citywide parks and it’s one of my all-time favorite activities to take part in. See the schedule (in pdf form) here – it kicks off June 13th.
- Head over to The Wit Roof – hands down the BEST outdoor ambiance in Chicago.
- I’ve previously mentioned my love of Chicago Festivals but the Old Town Art Fair in particular is one of my favorites. It’s next weekend – Saturday June 8th & Sunday, June 9th starting at 10 am. You know I’ll be there!
- Enjoy a day (or 5 days) of shopping along the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue. Go early, have lunch at one of the many incredible restos located on the “mile” and end at Navy Pier for Wednesday or Saturday night fireworks!
There are so many fun things to do it’s a good thing we have all month to tackle these amazing events! And don’t forget to let me know in the comments section below if you end up doing any of these incredible must-dos that June has to offer!