Oddly enough, going grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do. Call me crazy, but I can’t help but enjoy it. What I don’t love, though, is going grocery shopping and then coming home and realizing I forgot to get something that I needed! To make matters worse, many times I’ll be at the store and will call my hubby to see if he wants me to buy him anything in particular. Unfortunately though, I won’t be able to get in touch with him immediately considering he’s usually working at the time and is constantly on conference calls.
So frustrating!!But guess what?? That scenario no longer happens because we’ve been using this great grocery list app, called AnyList, that I am kind of obsessed with! Let’s be honest though, it’s sooo much more than just a grocery list. Gone are the days where I write down what I need on a scrap piece of paper or even on the “Notes” app that came installed on my iPhone. Now, all I have to do is open up AnyList and add the items that I need into one of my lists. Easy peasy.You can have personal lists that only you will see or you can create shared lists between you and other people. Currently, I have a shared list going with Isaiah that we call “Isaiah + Dana” and the best part? Our list syncs up between cell phones in real time!
I’ll try to break it down for you easily:
- Adding items into your lists is a cinch! After clicking the + sign, just start typing and autocomplete suggests common items as you type. Or you can speak to Siri and she will add an item into the app on your behalf. (Gotta love that Siri!!!)
- The items you add are automatically itemized by aisle type, such as Bakery, Beverages, Meat, Produce, etc.
- Once you’re at the grocery store with your list in hand, you can cross off items easily (with just one click of a finger) that you’ve already put in your actual shopping cart.
- Sharing lists is as easy as 1-2-3. Just enter the email address of the people you want to share with, such as your spouse, your roommates, or your parents.
- This is cool – you can enter in your own recipes and organize them into collections. Once a recipe is inputted into the app, you can add specific ingredients to a shopping list when you’re ready to make the dish!
Plus, it’s FREE! So go download it from the app store now!
With that, I’d like to know – do you use a grocery list app like this one? Do tell!