- Remember when I talked about all the things I want? I couldn’t hold out for my birthday with the Chi Arc and got it! Actually, I booked a market research survey that paid $125 and decided that I was going to take the money and buy the automatic curling iron. Well people, let me just tell you that I AM OBSESSED!!! This is like the curling iron of all curling irons, or as I like to refer to it as the curling iron for dummies. WHOA. It is the easiest thing in the world to use and IT WORKS! I have used it every single day since buying it and oh my gosh! LOVE! Haha just wondering – is my enthusiasm showing through enough here? The first time I used it, 10 minutes was all it took to make my hair look fabulously curled and only a few days later, I feel like a pro because I can do it in minutes. MINUTES. Did I mention that it stays curled all day? And that it’s currently on sale at Ulta for $99 – if you don’t have one, do yourself a favor and go get it. You won’t regret it. Promise.
- How is it already mid-July? The fourth feels like decades ago! Speaking of, my husband and I had the best time celebrating at a friend’s house. I am going to be posting a fruity dessert recipe that I was inspired to make after seeing a variation of it done at the party. Get excited!
- One of my July’s Must-Do’s was to go to the new resto El Hefe – well, I went and had a wonderful meal! After I wrote that post, a lot of people contacted to tell me that the food was only okay. However, others said they loved it. I am happy to report that my friend and I had a great experience! We got guac for an app, which was delish, and then we each had their mushroom tacos. We loved them. Oh and we also both enjoyed their skinny marg. So good. All around it was a good time and I will definitely be back! Plus, the atmosphere is just cool.
- In my latest “I Adore What I CLICK” post, I mentioned that I would be going back to my fav one-stop-shop and getting that look-alike Lululemon tank. I went on Monday and tried it on; unfortunately, it was a fail — for me. Lulu’s version is much better for my figure but I don’t think everyone will feel that way. For instance, I told my best friend that she has to go get these tanks because I just know they’ll fit her body to perfection. I did, however, score with a different Champion workout tank that’s super adorable and perfectly loose too, just the way I like it. It’s called the C9 by Champion® Women’s Fit and Flare Tank and not only is it cute, but it’s also affordable and available in the best colors! I got the hot pink one because it was the only one in my size at the store but you better believe that I’m ordering it online (heading to the website via ebates first) in blue, green, and black! Hey, at $18.99 each, why not?
- Yesterday I didn’t leave the house once. So nice. In my lazy state, I watched the first four episodes of Devious Maids on OnDemand. I like it. I mean, it’s pretty weird but it works. Reminds me Desperate Housewives a little but I dig it and will obviously continue watching!
- Speaking of TV, my favorite show on right now is Mistresses with Alyssa Milano. I.LOVE.IT. I could go on and on and on about all the characters and how I’m oddly attached to each of their stories but I’ll spare you the details. Basically, if you don’t watch you should. Throughout the entirety of each ep, my eyes are glued to the tele and when it’s over I want more! So so SO good.
- Okay, one last thing regarding TV – I’ll prob do a finale post about this later but are you watching The Bachelorette this season?? I’m not aware of the final outcome yet as many of you are (so please PLEASE don’t ruin it for me) but quick thoughts: Des is cute. Throughout the whole season Chris was my favorite but after this past week on their hometown dates, I’m totally crushing on Drew. Like, the way he cares for and talks to his sister – OMG. I cried. He’s my new favorite. FOR.SURE.
- Big weekend ahead and it starts with tonight. I’m going to the New Kids on the Block / 98 Degrees / Boyz II Men concert with a four other girl friends! So excited! Then, Isaiah and I have friends coming in town this weekend and they are staying with us. On Monday night, we are all going to the Justin Timberlake / Jay-Z concert at Soldier Field with our friends from out of town and four other couples!! It’s going to be amazing!! And I think we’re going to get the party started by drinking THE PURPLE DRANKKK. I’ll be sure to post pics of it all on my facebook page so check there if you’re interested =) Also, we are going on a trolley on Saturday and The Taste of River North is taking place basically outside my door all weekend long so I’ll obviously hit that up too! Can’t wait!
I don’t know about you, but I had tons of fun sharing and clarifying!!