Yes, I really did just capitalize the entire title of this post!!
That’s because I’m just so freaking excited right now!!!!!!
It has been killlllling me to not tell you all what I’ve been up to lately but I wanted the redesign to be a surprise!! So, SURPRISE!!! I Adore What I Love got a brand spankin’ new makeover and I hope you love it as much as I do!! It’s crazy to me that I’m finally writing this post because it’s been a long time coming. You have no idea how many crazy hours I’ve put into transferring my blog over to a completely different platform but I did it and let me tell you, it was beyond worth every second of my time.
I’ve always lived by the motto that change is good, and in this case, it’s extraordinarily good! After almost a year of joining the blogging world, I think this was a much needed next step in my internet adventures.
I am so thankful to Aubrey over at The Kinch Life for making my design vision come to life and for Chelsea at Olive and Ivy for literally encoding like whoa and making my new WordPress site as awesome as it is! Not going to lie, after emails upon emails with these ladies, I already miss corresponding with each of them on a daily basis. Thank you, thank you, thank you both SO much for all your hard work and dedication in helping me launch I Adore What I Love in a way prettier light =)
Okay, let’s talk about some of the new features:
- On the home page, you will always see the most current post written in full. Below that, you will find snippets of the 3 posts written prior to the most recent one. Click “Read More” to continue reading the post!
- The black navigation bar (located on the top of the page) consists of links you should definitely sift through. That’s where you can click on the “Home” page, the “About Me” section, and if you want to contact me, click on the “Touch Base” link for details on that.
- Also on the black navigation bar you will see the “I Adore What I…” heading. If you scroll over that with your mouse, you will see a drop-down menu pop up that shows you my new post categories! Click on any category to be directed to related posts!! (For example, click on “I Adore What I… WEAR” to be taken to a page with all the posts about what I wear!)
- With that, all posts are “Filed Under” a specific category. The category entitled “I Adore What I… LOVE” generally takes you to posts where I talk about what’s going on in my life!
- All posts are also tagged with a more specific hashtag grouping related to the post. For instance, you might see the (hashtag) #dinner under the category named “I Adore What I… EAT“. You can click on that link to take you to a page with all the related posts about dinner.
- In addition to all that, the black navigation bar holds my social media buttons too! Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Bloglovin’. You can also sign up for the I Adore What I Love RSS Feed as well as email me directly.
- The sidebar is now located on the left hand side of the page!
- On the sidebar, you’ll notice a search bar to search within the site, follow options, and my favorites – stores, blogs, magazines, and my own blog posts included :)
- Under the “I Adore What I Blogged” section, you will find the blog archives. Click on the arrows to see more specifics about the monthly post titles.
- Feel free to grab my button!! Just copy and paste that link and add it to your own website/blog!
A few other cool features:
- After each post on it’s individual page, you will see links to follow on Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin’.
- You will also see a link to tweet the post out to your followers!! Fun!
- When you hover your mouse over a picture, you’ll see a “Pin It” button. Feel free to pin away!
- After every post, you will see links to past posts from I Adore What I Love that might be of interest to you. Take a look!
- I encourage and welcome you to speak your mind and comment galore! I promise to read every comment and I will genuinely try to respond to all of them. *Unfortunately, I was unable to export all the previous comments written on the blog. Thank you to everyone who ever let me know your thoughts on any of the topics I’ve written about – I appreciate it and look forward to hearing more from you moving forward!
And check this out people: The blog Facebook page has been completely redone as well to fit the mold of I Adore What I Love’s new look! Let’s be honest, it’s wayyy better now.
That should do it! What do you think about the new design? Do you ADORE it as much as I do?