I Have a (Healthy) Obsession

November 12, 2013 in I Adore What I Love

I Have a (Healthy) Obsession

November 12, 2013 in I Adore What I Love >/div>

[one-half-first]It is no surprise that I’ve have done a few juice cleanses in my life, as chronicled on the blog here, and after every cleanse, not only do I feel more energized with a extra skip in my step, but I am also able to think more clearly in my everyday tasks.  Maybe it’s because I’m proud of myself for tackling my goal or maybe it’s because I’ve just treated my body as if it were the queen of the castle… flushing out all the bad toxins and letting in all sorts of new healthy nutrients.  Whatever it is, I always end the cleanse on a positive note, with the recognition that I’m feeling prettier and thinner than before I started.

The thing about cleanses, though, is that I can’t do them too often or well, I’ll go broke!  I say this because, for one, they are expensive!  Every once in a while before a big event I have no problem forking over the cash, but to do it just because?  That’s not something that I can afford at the moment.

To get more specific, here are some stats:  There are typically 6 juices to drink in a day.  Each juice averages anywhere from $8-$13 a bottle from your local juice store or online supplier, which means that you may pay up to $78/day for your juices.  In the end, a 3-day cleanse would cost you $234 and that is not money I’m willing to spend at the drop of a dime!

I’ve realized however, that even though I don’t need to cleanse every week doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy a delicious fresh-squeezed bottle of juice every once in a while.  And while individual bottles from the local juicer are still pretty costly, Whole Foods has recently started bottling up fresh juices made right in the store!  At $2.99-$4.99 per 16 oz. bottle, they have literally answered my prayers in no longer making me feel guilty for sipping on a heart-healthy liquid breakfast in the morning!   (Okay, you got me, sometimes I’ll drink them prior to working out, after a sweaty run, or even as a before-bed-time snack – yes, I #love them)

With that being said, the lower price is not the only upside to these new juices – they come in a HUGE array of blended flavors and each one is seriously better than the next.  Like, I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!

So until I can get my hands on the nutri bullet, my favorite organic grocery store has got me covered in my juice addiction and I can’t get enough!  Not to mention that the names of each variation is totally catchy and cute! You can check out my favorite varieties in the pictures =) [/one-half-first][one-half]

WF Juice - Fog Cutter

[/one-half]

• Alyse November 13, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I wish I had the self-control you have to do a cleanse!!! My question is…what nail polish color are you wearing in the pictures? I am guessing you forgot to look!

• Dana Ivy November 13, 2013 at 7:32 pm

HA! Actually, the nail polish color in the bottom picture is Essie’s “Vested Interest” and the nail polish in the top two pics is the same because I’m pretty sure I got it two weeks in a row since I loved it so much. I’m almost positive that it’s called “Mint Candy Apple” and it’s also by Essie!

Xo
      Dana Ivy

• Cassie November 13, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Some juices are great! Some others are not so great. But I do enjoy a nice fruit drink every now and again! If I could just find a good one that is full of veggies!!

• Dana Ivy November 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Is it bad that I seriously love them all? I have pretty much tried every one and I just feel healthier when I drink them! The all veggie ones are delish, too. Mmmmm :)

Xo
      Dana

• Not All Sparkling Drinks Are Created Equal November 23, 2013 at 8:44 am

[…] on a kick lately to talk drinks. My favorite Starbucks drink, my favorite juice drink, and now, I’m here talking about my favorite sparkling drink.  Ahh apparently I just […]

• I Adore What I Blogged: Top Posts of 2013 January 18, 2016 at 10:54 am