I think I’ve mentioned that I’m obsessed with the fall just a little bit (or maybe only about a hundred bazillion times) and now that November is here, it’s time to get cozyyyy.
What do I mean, you ask? Well, daylight savings day has come and gone (I hope you set your clocks back!) and the darkness of night comes earlier than ever. With that, it’s becoming more and more chilly outside too. But I kinda love it. I love it because all this means one thing: time to get cozyyy! (Do you get it yet?)
To put it simply, this is the time of year that I adore my wardrobe the most because my everyday uniform typically consists of inevitable comfort with a big dose of cool. I throw on a pair of pants (ie: skinny jeans), grab a big, cozyyy sweater (check out these favorites!) or a great sweatshirt (see some adorable ones here) and of course, finish it off with some hot, trendy boots! Done and done. What’s not to love about this perfect, ridiculously cozyyy month?!?
But that’s not all, there’s so much more that November has to offer (HELLOOOO, Thanksgiving!!)
Check out my:
- Go to your local winery and sip your favorite reds and whites. Then, try something new on the menu and be happy. There are so many great wineries and wine restos in Chicago, like City Winery, Cru Wine Bar, and Webster’s Wine Bar.
- Take part in watching the Magnificent Mile Tree-Lighting Parade. It starts off on Oak Street at 5:30pm on November 23rd, then heads south on Michigan Avenue to Wacker Drive. I’ve literally always wanted to do this but have always missed it. It’s my mission this year to go!
- Wake up on Thanksgiving Day and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. I know it’s like the cheesiest thing ever but I’ve never missed it. Usually, I DVR it and then fast-forward through most of it but it still makes me feel good to watch. It’s my childhood :)
- After watching the parade, get ready for Turkey Day by setting the table with mom. (And as I sit here typing this, my husband’s looking over my shoulder and recommends going out and buying “stretchable jeans” – hmmm I didn’t know there was such a thing but thanks babe! Haha)
- GO SHOPPING ON BLACK FRIDAY!!! Duhhh, this was the easiest must-do to think of and also happens to be my favorite! (Surprise, surprise) Black Friday takes place the day after Thanksgiving and basically, it stands for sales galore :) This has always been one of the best days for me because it means a fun-filled shopping day on Michigan Avenue with my family. We’ve literally done it since I was a little girl and it’s one of my most favorite family traditions. Last year, my husband and I were celebrating the holiday out of town with his family in New York. I’m very excited to resume the tradition this year of shopping and dinner with my fam in Chicago!