It’s Chicago Restaurant Week!

January 28, 2014 in I Adore What I Love

This time of year is always incredibly busy for my husband and I because for one, it’s Chicago Restaurant Week, then his bday (the actual 30th is next Friday, Feb. 7th!) and a mere 7 days after that, we celebrate Valentine’s Day!  Not that I’m complaining but basically, all this means for us is that we hardly eat at home and just eat out, out, out. (All the while, I try to work out out out).

By mid-February, all I want to do is make a home cooked meal for the rest of my life!

As for now though, it’s only the beginning of what’s to come so going out to our favorite restaurants during Chicago Restaurant Week is where.it’s.at.

And obviously, being the foodies that we are, we definitely like to try all our favorite $33 and/or $44 prix fixe dinner menus in the city.  Usually we’ll hit up a few new restaurants that we’ve never been to but most nights during this epic annual week, we’ll go back to our favorites and enjoy their awesome menus year after year.

Here are a few can’t miss restaurants that you MUST try this week: It's Chicago Restaurant Week - via www.iadorewhatilove.com
My Favorite Prix Fixe Menus:

| Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab | Prosecco | Mercadito | David Burke’s Primehouse |

And here are some restaurants that I’m yearning to go to whether it’s this year or in the future… because I have no doubts that they will all be around for a long time coming! It's Chicago Restaurant Week - via www.iadorewhatilove.com

| Tanta | Henri | Stella Barra Pizzeria | Naha |

Lunch prix fixe menus are also offered at various restaurants this week starting at only $22.
For both lunch and dinner, you will typically get an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert! I mean, how often do you order desserts at restaurants? In my case, not too often so this week really is a treat :)

So what are you waiting for?? Head to Open Table now and make those resies before it’s too late… the last day of Chicago Restaurant Week 2014 is Thursday, February 6th.

WHERE WILL YOU BE GOING?
Or better yet, where have you already been that you loved?

Please let me know by clicking on “Leave a Comment” under the title of this post.

• Carrie January 28, 2014 at 12:09 pm

theres a stella barra pizzeria here in LA too! its delicious! cant go wrong with pizza :)
    xxCarrie

• Dana Ivy January 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I’ve heard great things about it, Carrie! I was just in LA last weekend… so jealous of your weather!!

• Katie @ Live Half Full January 28, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I’m going to Naha next week, I cannot WAIT!

• Dana Ivy January 28, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Jealous!! We tried to get in but no such luck. Definitely will be trying it next year for Resto Week – hope you enjoy!!

• Cassie January 29, 2014 at 7:20 am

Sounds like some good eats!!

• Chrissy February 1, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I LOVE Naha and went there two years in a row (not this year) for restaurant week. You should be very excited! This year I went to Cafe Baba Reeba (which was delicious, but nothing super exciting since I live down the street from it and eat there relatively regularly) and Zed451, which was new, exciting and awesome. Super stuffed after both dinners. You’ll have to let us know what you thought of all your picks!

• Restaurant Review: Mexique February 16, 2014 at 4:42 pm

[…] I went? Oh so many times I can’t even count!  BUT, most recently for this year’s restaurant week and then a few weeks before that for my hubby’s first time […]

• […] Take advantage of the last week of Chicago Restaurant Week! (Interesting fact: resto week is really two weeks and the last week always happens during the first […]