As far as the weather in #Chiberia (that’s what they’re calling Chicago these days) is concerned, after a jaw-dropping January we can only hope that February won’t be as frigid. I meannnn, schools were closed for 4+ cold days! Never have I ever heard of such a thing! At this rate, I’ll be teaching until July! Well, I pray it doesn’t come to that but global warming has taken over and it’s not pretty, people.
Wait, did I not begin January’s Must-Dos post with a similar paragraph?
I think I’m having deja vu.
With February here, I am super excited to venture out of the house and partake in some fun festivities around the city, even if it is still super snowy outside. Plus with spring not too far away, this new month is giving me a glimmer of hope that temps will rise and hopefully stay put. I mean, crazier things have happened right?!?
Here are my one and only…
1. Watch the Super Bowl XLVIII TODAY with friends, of course. Don’t ask me who’s playing though, because I seriously have no idea. Nor do I care because the game of football is one that I just don’t understand no matter how many times I try to learn it. But the chance to hang out and be sociable at a Super Bowl party with lots of chips and dip? Count.Me.In. (The half-time show is also always fun to watch and I do love me some funny, new, and clever commercials!)
2. Take advantage of the last week of Chicago Restaurant Week! (Interesting fact: resto week is really two weeks and the last week always happens during the first week of Feb). Isaiah and I will be dining at one of our faves, Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab with my brother and sister-in-law this coming Thursday, the last official day of Chicago’s annual week for foodies.
3. CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so I have to admit, even when I was single and ready to mingle, I always loved this holiday. What can I say, pink hearts and red kisses just make me happy! For 3 years in a row now, Isaiah and I always eat dinner at the same french resto every February 14th. It’s delicious and perfect and such a romantic night that I always look forward to. Do you have any traditions? This year though, one of things I’m most excited for is to celebrate with my first grade kiddeos! The 6-year-olds love love and I can’t wait to see the smiles on their faces when they exchange their sweet cards and endearing notes with each other!
4. Spend a weekend afternoon, or President’s Day perhaps (since I’ll be off of school), ice skating at the Millennium Park ice rink. This is the last full month that it’s open to the public and although I’ve done this before with my bestie Blake, I’ve always wanted to do it again! Who’s in??
5. Last but not least is one of my all-time FAVORITE events to hit the streets of Chicago since ever: the Chicago Auto Show! You probably would not think it but I literally go every year because it’s so ridiculously fun and entertaining: ie, the chance to take silly selfies in cool cars – enough said! Yes, it’s freaking crowded but most years, that just adds to the entertainment (I’m a people-watcher). The Chicago Auto Show will be at McCormick Place from February 8th to the 17th and I will definitely be in attendance!
OMG! Sans the winter bluster, February is like the best month ever! Let me know what’s on your Feb agenda please – in the comments section of this post!