It’s 2016! And I Adore What I Love is BACK!

January 18, 2016 in I Adore What I Love

It’s 2016! And I Adore What I Love is BACK!

January 18, 2016 in I Adore What I Love >/div>
I Adore What I Love - It's 2016 and I Adore What I Love is Back - Brody Pic

DO YOU FORGIVE ME?

I know, I know – that’s a very loaded question coming from someone who, for 2 years, poured her heart and soul into blogging, and then one day just disappeared into #nowheresville. Ugh, the only three words that I can think to say are I AM SORRY. So, so, very sorry.  But before I continue apologizing, I just want you to know that I do have a great excuse…

Brody

His name is Brody. Brody Max.
My very cute, smart, cool, funny, sweet, handsome, happy, and chill
recently-turned-one-year-old son!

Here’s the thing, I was teaching and blogging and teaching and blogging and then one day I started feeling BAD. Nauseous, weak, and just plain sick. Then I found out I was pregnant; it all made sense!  We were super excited but obviously couldn’t tell anyone for a few months.  During that time, I continued to teach and blog but all the sudden, I started feeling even worse.  WAY WORSE.  (I’ll spare you the gory details!) And then I was to the point where I couldn’t lift open my computer screen for anything other than my what was necessary of my teaching job at the time.

It wasn’t a planned hiatus; and myself along with my blog, sort of just disappeared silently. Ughhh it haunts me.  I’ve literally thought about this little blog and all my favorite internet friends everyday.  I’ve read your emails asking where I went and I’ve heard you say how much you miss I Adore What I Love.  So, world wide web, I am back!!! And am finally ready to start sharing my world with all of you – online – again! I promise to stick around this time. PROMISE.

To be honest, I don’t even forgive me. But I hope you will.

• Alyse January 18, 2016 at 7:17 am

I am so happy you are back at it!!!

• Jill January 18, 2016 at 8:14 am

Best blog yet especially the gorgeous pic that goes with your first blog back! Excited to read this blog again!!!!

• Jill January 18, 2016 at 8:22 am

P.S. I forgive you.. That face was sure worth the wait!!!!!

• Jeri January 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Yay!! So glad you’re back!! Excited to read about everything you love again!

• Anne January 18, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Dana,

You are such a delightful and genuine person! Congratulations on your return and i hope you share “all the things you adore” for a very long time. I love you!

• Krissy January 18, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Congrats on your return! Can’t wait to keep reading :)

• LIFE ADVICE 💜 When you're having a good {hair/make-up/#ootd} day and you're feeling like 💯, take a picture!! 📸
Thanks to the best instahubby photographer @harfster for capturing me on a "pretty" day this past weekend. I love you! ✨
{friendly reminder that the 'gram isn't always reality 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm currently exhausted, dry shampoo is my best BEST friend 🙏🏼🤫, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to tackle another 2 weeks of "camp mom" 😝 Alas, I'm going to try anyways!! And while I'm at it, I will refer to my own blog post about things to do with the kids between camp ending and school starting!! #LinkInBio if you're interested 🔗}
👉🏼 When was the last time you were feeling 🔥🔥🔥 in your own skin?? Did you get a pic?! {I hope so!!!!} Either way, tell me about it below! ⤵️
    • POTATO CHIP COOKIES 🥔🍪 Can I getta hell yeah!! 🤣 Brody has been begging me to bake for weeks and while he was napping this weekend, I did a little pinteresting! Came across these cookies and once he woke, we HAD TO MAKE THEM‼️‼️
Turns out, a little sweet + a little salty is the best combo EVER. These cookies are insane, people 😋🙋🏻‍♀️💯
SO, I decided to create a BLOG POST sharing 7️⃣ unbelievable COOKIE recipes I've made over the years!! Yes, 7!!!! And yes, I've actually made them! 👩🏻‍🍳 They're all #pinterest recipes and while each of them are all so different, they're all ridiculously delicious + perfect + amaaaaazing! #cuethefireworks 🎆🥳
Link to the post is in my bio!! 🔗 Because homemade cookies aren't just for the holiday season, ya know 🥰
👉🏼 What's your favorite kind of cookie?! Tell meeeeee ⤵️ {then go ahead and BOOKMARK this post for your future homemade cookie cravings!}
    • THAT ONE SUNDAY WHEN 👉🏼 My husband let me sleep in after being at a wedding the night before, took the boys to @stansdonutschicago in the city, came back to the burbs with 2 dozen donuts and I still wasn't up so I couldn't even be mad at him for spending a katrillion 💲💲 on all 🍩🍩🍩🤷🏻‍♀️
Hey, at least he brought me back a few #glutenfree flavors to indulge in for my breakfast at 11am 🤣🙌🏼 #parentwin
Came across this #throwback pic in my phone and now I'm craving nice weather {it's currently POURING outside 😭} and #stansdonutschicago!! Which are definitely my fave kind of donuts!! ❤️👉🏼 Where are your favorites from? Any good places in the #northwest #suburbs with a gluten free selection?! ⤵️ #gimmeallthedonuts
    • 1️⃣0️⃣ IDEAS FOR WHAT TO PACK FOR BACK TO SCHOOL LUNCH! 🌯🍽 On the blog!!! 🔗 Yesterday, I shared 7 bento boxes you need for the school year and today, I've got actual lunch contents to show you! 🙌🏼
Also dishing out some major tips on how to pack specifically for your child{ren} + why I DON'T cut watermelon into stars 🍉⭐️ and sandwiches into smiley faces 🥪😄 {yeah, no!} 🚫
So head to the link in my bio and click on "latest blog posts" to read this gem!! I know for a lot of you, school starts on Monday so it's time to start thinking about these things‼️
👉🏼 What's your favorite thing to put in your kids lunches?! I must know!!! ⤵️
    • SHOUT OUT 🔊 to the 10+ random women who complemented me on my top today!!! {that's a lot, right?! 🤩} Want to shop it for yourself?? Head to my bio link, click on "shop my insta" and get the deets! ❤️💛💚 PS it's on sale right now and it will sell out so grab it while you can!!
Hope you had a great day, friends!! I'm about to share a bunch of stories from last night @raviniafestival seeing @nickelback 🎸Sat in the pavilion for the first time, had row 4 seats and it was kind of epic‼️
👉🏼 What was the last amazing concert you went to?! I wanta know!! ⤵️ Xox
    • 7 BENTO BOXES YOU NEED FOR BACK TO SCHOOL LUNCHES 🍱 On the blog!! You're going to want to click the link in my bio 🔗 RIGHT NOW because bento boxes are the best {I explain more in the post!} and if you're not already using one to pack your kids' school lunches, you should be!!! 😝
Each bento box featured is unique and special in its own way and there's sure to be one that wins you over 🥳 Obviously I included this beauty 👆🏼 above since it's one of our faves and I get DMs about it all the time when I share my kids lunches on my stories!
So yeah, bento boxes are necessary! If you didn't know, now you know ✨ Tag your mom friends who need to read this post!! Pretty please 🙏🏼⤵️