Monthly Musts // April 2016

Monthly Musts is a series that showcases a few things for Chicagoans to do during the upcoming month, a few things that Chicago parents might want to do with their kiddos {#iadoremomlife}, and a few things ANYBODY should do… whether you live in Chicago, Alaska, Mexico or some place in between! Take a look!

I Adore What I Love Blog // MONTHLY MUSTS APRIL 2016 // featured image // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

I hope this coming month can top our fun-filled March! And I’m also hoping for as little rain as possible… you know the phrase, April showers bring May flowers? Well that just puts a damper on our plans of city walks, park visits, and outdoor lunch dates. Even though we’ve been pretty busy, we are SO over being cooped up in our tiny apartment and are SO ready to spend the majority of our time outside. Bring on the sunshine and daffodils, April… pleaseeee! And yes, I’m speaking for every mom in America! #kidsneedtobeoutside #fortheparentssake

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGOANS:

1. If you’re a beetles fan, then you definitely don’t want to miss this! A one-night-only musical called “Let It Be” is coming to the Rosemont Theatre this Saturday, April 2nd. It’s supposed to be a celebration of the music of the Beatles and it sounds like a blast! Get your tickets here.

2. Looking for a food-filled evening in the Gold Coast? Then the 7th annual Taste of the Gold Coast is for you! Happening Wednesday, April 6th from 6-9 at Germania Place, dress in your cutest cocktail attire and get ready to try bites from an array of restaurants in the Gold Coast, such as Del Frisco’s and Carmine’s. Yum! Ticketing info here

3. Head to one of my favorite fairs at The Merchandise Mart: the One of a Kind Spring Show! It’s more of a “fair” then a “show” but nevertheless, it is such a fun thing to do! Isaiah and I have actually been going for years and it never fails to disappoint. There are over 300 talented vendors to check out! Lots of great food to try, pretty jewelry to try on {and buy} and art for your house. This year, it’s taking place April 29-May 1. See ticketing information here.

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGO FAMILIES:

1. BCBirthday Party Ultimate Birthday Bash! We have our tickets already and are looking forward to a fun evening at Lil’ Kickers Lake Street this Sunday night, from 4-6:30 PM. Live music entertainment for the littles, cute activities like face painting and balloon art, along with pizza, snacks, and more all brought to you by Bump Club for their annual birthday bash! Can’t wait!

2. The really amazing musician, Lisa Loeb, is performing a kid’s concert at Old Town School of Folk Music on Sunday, April 17th at 11:00 AM. I mean, SO COOL! More info here.

3. Monica + Andy has a whole calendar of music events being offered each month. And afterwards, they serve milk and cookies to each of the kiddos. We’ve gone a few times to see and sing along with Mr. Tim. It’s so fun! Check out their event calendar here.

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD:

1. Happy April Fool’s Day tomorrow! Play a joke on someone, duh!! Here are some ideas for funny pranks and here are some family friendly joke ideas to play on the kids… you’re welcome!

2. National Siblings Day is on the 10th, so find those cute kid pics and get ready to post them on facebook! Oh! And “like” I Adore What I Love’s fbook page while you’re at it!

3. Make sure to set your DVR for “The Real Housewives of Dallas” series premiere on Bravo, which airs on Monday, April 11th. Watch the trailer here. Can’t wait!!!

4. Your taxes are due on the 15th… hurry up and get those done!!! This might not be the most exciting monthly must, but it is a necessary one.

5. Earth Day is the 22nd. Go plant a tree!! Check out this Pinterest board for ideas to celebrate with your kiddos!

6. Passover is this month, and Jewish or not, you should eat lotza matzah! There’s so many ways to do it… you can top your unleavened bread with butter, cream cheese, PB&J, honey, tuna, orrrrr you can make yourself my fave: matzah pizza! Mmmmm

Almost #April! Read this to plan out your month! #somanyideas #chicago #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

So many great ideas, right?! Please share this post link to your wall and/or share with your friends via email or text so you don’t forget to do these fun things!!!!!!!! As always, be sure to tell me if you end up taking any of my suggestions when you’re filling up your calendar and planning out your free time =)

What’s on your agenda for April? I want to hear allll the plans!

• Biana Perez March 31, 2016 at 7:35 am

Is it bad that one of my favorite things is Matzah and cream cheese – I’m making my grandmother proud!! So many fun things around Chicago!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy March 31, 2016 at 8:39 am

Ummm, NO! Biana, I swear I eat that exact combo once a week… either for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Ha! Muah!!

• Reagan March 31, 2016 at 9:01 am

The Beatles show sounds so amazing!! All of it does actually, but I’m a huge Beatles fan! =) thanks for sharing!!

Reagan

• Lily Ayala March 31, 2016 at 9:08 am

I’m hoping RHOD is good…I’ll definitely be setting my DVR for that!

• Dana Ivy March 31, 2016 at 9:38 am

You and me both!!!! My fave is still Bev Hills hands down!

• Kathryn March 31, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Sounds like so many fun events going on in Chicago, that Beetles event especially!

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:51 am

Yes! So many! I would have loved to the go to the Beatles musical but we already had plans, which we ended up cancelling because I was sick all weekend! Blah! Happy Monday, Kathryn!! Xox

• Kathryn April 4, 2016 at 11:55 am

I swear we are the same person, Dana! I was sick all weekend, too. Hope you’re feeling better, lady!

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Oh no, you too! Not fun, I’m sorry!!! I’m def better and I hope you are too!!

• Jalisa March 31, 2016 at 1:41 pm

This is such an awesome post, Dana! You are such an amazing source for those in and around Chicago! I’m (messianic) Jewish so we have PLENTY of mazahs during Passover season and sometimes, I just run out of new ideas on what to make and do with them, haha; I love that you included this in the post, with some ideas! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have an amazing rest of the week, beautiful!

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:53 am

Jalisa, I am obsessed with your thoughtful comments! You are honestly the sweetest!! I literally eat Matzah year round I love it so much!! The best!! Hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!! Xox

• Kate @ Green Fashionista March 31, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Ahhhh I’m super excited about Real Housewives of Dallas! I was wondering when they were going to go there <3

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:53 am

Yes! You and me both, girl!! So excited for Dallas!

• Dedra April 1, 2016 at 4:36 am

Wow, this sounds amazing!
    X

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:54 am

Thanks Dedra! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Xox

• Charity April 2, 2016 at 7:26 am

Oh how I miss spring in Chicago!

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:55 am

Did you live here at one time, Charity? I’m a little biased since I’m a lifer :) Spring is the best!! Xox

• Charity April 4, 2016 at 9:36 am

I lived in Lincoln Park for a couple of years and had a blast. I’m originally from the St. Louis area so we would take weekend trips into the city. It’s one of my favorites and hoping to get back there this summer.

• Melanie@Toots + Dill April 2, 2016 at 12:09 pm

This makes me long for another trip to Chicago!! I went almost 6 years ago this July when Transformers was filming near the bean and have missed Chicago ever since!! =)

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:56 am

Omgosh Melanie!!!! I remember when they were filming that… was it 6 years ago already?! Crazy! You have to come back to the Chi! Best city without a doubt!! {not that I’m biased or anything HA} Xox

• Nina April 2, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Great suggestions. I didn’t know about National Siblings Day, to be honest. Enjoy your weekend. xx
    Nina

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:57 am

Yes!! National Siblings Day is a thing! Love seeing everyone’s childhood pics that they put on the fbook :)

• Chow Down USA April 3, 2016 at 1:27 pm

These are great suggestions! The taste of gold coast sounds amazing, and I can’t believe taxes are almost due! I’m going to a CPA to help with mine, since blogging can make them more complicated! Can’t wait til they’re settled!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

• Dana Ivy April 4, 2016 at 8:58 am

Aww so glad you can appreciate this post, Chelsea! And totally – blogging does make taxes more complicated!! The good news is after April 15th we don’t have to think about taxes for another year! Woohoo! Hope you had a great weekend! Xox

• Lauren April 5, 2016 at 8:35 pm

So many great ideas!! Wish I could do more of these things! Minus the taxes :)

xo Lauren

• Dana Ivy April 5, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Ha! I hear ya on that one. The good news is that April 15 is almost here and then it will soon be gone and we won’t have to think about taxes for another year ;) Xox