Monthly Musts // March 2016

Monthly Musts // March 2016

March 1, 2016 in I Adore Mom Life, I Adore What I Love >/div>
I Adore What I Love Blog // Monthly Musts March 2016 // Featured Image // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

Monthly Musts is a series that showcases a few things for Chicagoans to do during the upcoming month, a few things that Chicago parents might want to do with their kiddos {#iadoremomlife}, and a few things ANYBODY should do… whether you live in Chicago, Alaska, Mexico or some place in between! Take a look!

Well hello March!! I’m so happy you’re here and really hopeful that you’ll give Chicago some spring weather so we can hang out together outside a bit more!! {disclosure: i’m slightly sick of the house, if you catch my drift} Anyways, let’s get right into the second installment of MONTHLY MUSTS – March Edition! You know I write this series for you guys, but also for me too! It reminds me of all the things I can and should be doing when I’m feeling bored. Not that I feel bored very often, we do a lot around here, but ya know…

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGOANS:

1. The Wine Riot is coming back to Chicago on March 11th and 12th and I am counting down the days! Let me know if you go because I’ll be there with my besties, Alyse and Blake, for a fun girls night out. So excited to try some new wine {even though my heart belongs to the cheapest bottle you can find at any given store… for realz, I adore $3 bottles of wine more than any $30 bottle or even $300 bottle}, listen to the DJ and take pics in the photo-booth {obvs}

2. Partake in the March 12th downtown Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade and watch the river get dyed green! This is one of my favorite Chicago traditions and I can’t wait for Brody to see it this year since he might actually understand what’s going on!

3. Check out the Macy’s Flower Show taking place from March 20-April 3 at the Macy’s on State Street. You guys, I want to go to this!! Supposedly it is super cool and unlike anything you’ve ever seen! The show features 2 million flowers and lots of exotic plants and trees, plus scheduled events which the store is keeping secret until closer to opening day. I can’t even imagine how divine it’s going to smell in that store!!!

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGO FAMILIES:

1. School House Rock Live is here! Now until June 26th, the musical is playing at the Apollo Theater. Prepare for lots of singing, dancing, and smiles on your kiddos faces!

2. Weekly Storytime at the Barnes and Noble on State Street happens every Tuesday of the month! I am 100% going with the Brodster. He’ll love it!

3. Just because I don’t celebrate Easter doesn’t mean you don’t either! To be honest, I think anybody could probably go to this no matter if you celebrate with the cute bunny or not. The Lincoln Park Zoo is hosting an Easter Egg-Stravaganza on Saturday, March 26th with so many fun activities for the kiddos: there will be an Easter egg hunt, an opportunity to take photos with the Easter bunny, a DJ, dancing, crafts and then a yummy brunch!! Two words: SO AWESOME.

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD:

1. The Bachelor FINALE is going to take place this month so get all your friends together and have a watch-party! Who knows, maybe Ben and Chris Harrison will come crash it?? {only in my dreams would that happen, but they really do that so it’s always a possibility} Who do YOU think is going to win? {after last night, i’m rooting for JoJo but feel like he’s going to pick Lauren. wah wahhAnd let’s talk about the question we all want to know: WHO DOES HE CALL???????? All these answers happening on March 14th!!

2. This might sound silly, but it’s true: National Potato Chip Day is on the 14th. A perfect excuse to nosh on your favorite kind of chip and make your favorite dip… while you watch the Bachelor finale, perhaps?

3. Celebrate St. Patties Day on the 17th!! I pinned a whole bunch of St. Patricks day themed EVERYTHING on Pinterest! Check.It.Out.Now. {kids crafts included too, because… i’m a mom now #iadoremomlife}

4. Get your Sunday Best ready for Easter Sunday! Make sure you reserve your favorite brunch spot ASAP so you aren’t waiting for hours on Easter day for a table!

5. Spring Break will be here before we know it so you should probably get your workout on! Go for a run around your neighborhood, take a spin class, or move at home to your fave workout DVD. I just reminded myself that I need to start working out because I feel so damn good afterwards!

6. NETFLIX AND CHILL… AGAIN! Did anyone end up watching Chelsea Handler’s Docuseries? {which was on february’s monthly must list} This time around, I am going to tell you to binge watch FULLER HOUSE because OMG it will bring you back to your childhood and you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and basically you’ll be in heaven! I watched 5 eps on Friday when it came out and it.is.so.good. Can’t wait to finish the rest!!

You should do THESE things this month! Read for more info NOW #chicago #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

And that my friends, is a wrap! Share this post link to your wall and/or share with your friends so you don’t forget to do these fun things!!!!!!!! Even though March isn’t as short of a month as February, I guarantee it will fly by just as quickly. Have fun and let me know if you take any of my suggestions when planning out what you’re going to do with your precious time =)

Question that has nothing to do with my Monthly Musts:
Who else felt as awkward as I did last night watching Ben tell Lauren AND JoJo that he loves them?? I CAN’T EVEN. Tell me if you agree or disagree in the comments!!

• Merrissa March 1, 2016 at 11:19 am

I’m definitely going to have to participate in Potato Chip Day! Great ideas :)

Merrissa

• Dana Ivy March 1, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Right?! Me too, girl. Any excuse for a potato chip is fine by me :)

• Lily Ayala March 1, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I could not get into this season of The Bachelor…Ben just bored me. LOL!

• Dana Ivy March 1, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Ahhhh what!!????? That’s so funny because I just found out some of my bachelor loving friends also feel the same as you but I just think he’s so cute and sweet that I see through the boringness! Ha! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Xox

• Lauren March 1, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Cute ideas!!

xo Lauren

• Dana Ivy March 1, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Thanks girl! So sweet!! Xox

• Ileana Druetta March 1, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Love these!!! Im so excited about fuller house, started watching it yesterday and it is great! :)

xoxo

Novelstyle

• Dana Ivy March 1, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Illeana, you are going to LOVE! It’s seriously so good! My husband was making fun of me for getting so emotional with every new scene within the first ep but I couldn’t help myself! Let me know what you think!! Xox

• Jeri March 1, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Love that the Bachelor finale made the March cut! That’s my girl! It’s at the top of my list though I’m loving your other suggestions as well!

• Trang Do March 1, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for sharing these great ideas! Love all!

Xoxo,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• Deasy Noel March 2, 2016 at 12:00 am

I’ve put the Chelsea Handler docuseries on Netflix on my possible things to watch. But I may bump it up the list after I binge on ‘Better Call Saul’!

• Linda Libra Loca March 2, 2016 at 2:58 am

I don’t watch the Bachelor,but I really need to think about Easter soon. Thank you for the reminder.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• Dana Ivy March 2, 2016 at 7:28 am

Oh but of course, Linda!! Like I said, we don’t celebrate but we always go to brunch on that day and end up waiting forevs! Being proactive this year and booking a resie in advance!! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

• Trishna March 2, 2016 at 6:59 am

The Bachelor is such a great programme, I love it ♥

tipscapsule.blogspot.com

• Dana Ivy March 2, 2016 at 7:27 am

I agree, Trishna. Love it so much!! I’ve never missed a season since it started ah! Xox

• Darcy March 2, 2016 at 3:11 pm

A wine riot? Well that just sounds way too fun!!

• Dana Ivy March 2, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Yes and I can’t wait!!! I believe it’s in all different cities. You should check it out! Xox

• Weekly Wins // #6 March 11, 2016 at 8:11 am

[…] green in the morning, and then I’m going to the Wine Riot {which I talked about in my Monthly Musts: March Edition} at night! On Sunday we spring forward with a time change! Who’s […]