Weekly Wins // #11

April 22, 2016 in I Adore What I Love

Weekly Wins // #11

April 22, 2016 in I Adore What I Love >/div>
I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

Weekly Wins is a series where I touch on my “wins” from the week in the categories of love, buy, do, eat, give, read, tech, watch and wear. It’s 100% my favorite post to write. Enjoy!

First of all, happy Earth Day!!! As a former teacher, Earth Day has always been one of my favorite occasions to teach about! I hope everyone gets to enjoy the outdoors today and is able to give our awesome planet a little TLC! Now, onto this week’s Weekly Wins…

LOVE:
Ever have a song stuck in your head so badly that everyone around you gets super annoyed with you for constantly singing it and/or humming to the tune of it? Well, I am that annoying person at the moment. #sorrynotsorry =) I am absolutely in LOVE with Lukas Graham’s song, 7 years, and can’t get the catchy lyrics out.of.my.head. I  actually downloaded the band’s entire CD and realized that I’m in love with EVERY song. From Mama Said to Funeral to Drunk in the Morning… I am addicted to Lukas Graham! Listen below {perhaps while you read the rest of my weekly wins!!}

BUY:
I finally did it! I bought Micellar Water! If you aren’t sure what it is, it’s a cleanser and makeup remover in one and is gentle enough for sensitive skin {ie: ME!}! I had been seeing all my favorite bloggers talk about it and so when I was at Target this week, I made sure to seek it out! Since I’ve only been using it for a few days, I should probably wait to give you my assessment but I have to say, so far so good! I am the laziest person when it comes to taking off my makeup but it’s a swipe on my whole face morning, after the shower, and at night and I am DONE. It’s basically too easy not to use! It’s supposedly fragrance-free but I think it has a nice scent and leaves my face feeling oh so clean! I’m a fan! Buy it here!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Micellar Water // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{also shown: my favorite perfume; trusted beautyblender; the best anti-wrinkle face cream}

DO:
This week, hands down my do-win consisted of getting a loooooooong overdue mani and pedi! I should probably be embarrassed to say that it had literally been 4 whole weeks since getting a manicure and wayyyyy too long since I got a pedi. Kinda ew. But that’s #momlife for ya, I guess. Now I feel refreshed, happier, and more confident! Getting a mani and pedi will do that to you! PS Ugh, don’t hate me but I forgot to look at the nail polish names. What kind of blogger am I? A terrible one, I know {insert mad-at-myself emoji here}. I did find similar colors though! Click here for toes {this could be the one… it is the brand I used} and here for fingers.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Manicure // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

EAT:
Allllll the Peppermint Stick Luna Bars! Pretty much everyday in high school I ate a Luna Bar for breakfast, and it HAD to be frozen. Not sure why but I stopped eating them in college and really haven’t had one in about 15 years. Welp, I started eating them again for breakfast months ago and all the fuzzy feelings of why I loved them so much in the first place came to me with a vengeance. I literally eat one now every morning unless it’s a weekend and we do brunch with friends. I like to let it thaw for a minute before I take my first bite and I always have a big glass of water with it too. Let me tell you, it fills me up for hours. HOURS. And it is beyond delicious because of it’s chocolatey and minty goodness. Can’t go wrong with that! ANYWAYS, I only eat the peppermint kind but recently, a few Luna Bar flavors got an dietary update and they now have 25% less sugar. SCORE. And you can’t taste one bit of difference! I actually ate the new ones forever not realizing it until my mom mentioned it to me. I buy them by the box on Amazon and they are cheaper than if I got them in the store. Shop them here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Luna Bar // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

GIVE:
Remember on Monday when I was telling you that so many people I know have had babies {or are still going to have babies} in the month of April?! {see the post about 10 of my favorite mom products that I haven’t stopped using since brody was an infant to now as a toddler HERE!} Well, on Tuesday, we went to meet and hang out with one those babies and she is a doll! Obviously I had to bring her a little something something! This is what I got her: a bright pink hamsa silicone teether {i die over this!}, Pat the Bunny {one of Brody’s faves!}, and this darling sweatshirt dress! {unfortunately, the sweatshirt dress is not online, but here’s a similar one that I adore just as much!}

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Baby gift // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

READ:
This post from the blog Our Family World that features 5 fun Earth Day party games for adults! So if you plan to go out this weekend, these games could make your day or night that much more fun and entertaining!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Earth // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

TECH:
This cool new weather app called Sunshine. In the words of the app creators, “Sunshine learns about you – like what’s cold or hot for you. It also learns every time you actively report to the community on sky conditions and hazards, translating this information into weather predictions.” And it really does exactly that! Been using it all week and while I’ve always been partial to using “The Weather Channel” app, Sunshine is giving TWC a run for it’s money! {yes, it is free though!} Love it!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Sunhshine App // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WATCH:
Isaiah and I were SUPER behind on our Scandal watching so this week, we watched 1-2 past episodes every night once we put B to bed. Each episode brings new plot twists and turns that I never could have EVER imagined would happen within the story line and every time I watch, the episode ends and I just want more more more! If you’re not a gladiator {and really, only gladiators understand that}, what are you waiting for?! Get it on, people! You want to be a gladiator. Trust me on this one!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Scandal // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

A close second watch-win: the premier of Million Dollar Listing New York that aired last night! Oh how I’ve missed it {it being ryan and fredrick} and oh how I’m so glad it’s  they’re back!

WEAR:
My new sandals from Target that kinda look like Birkenstocks but they’re actually way cooler and comfier! Aren’t they chic?! Let’s just say I was LONG overdue for a new pair of sandals like this and these are the perfect addition to my shoe rack! Shop them here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #11 // Target Shoes // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{i couldn’t help but show two views of these babies}

So in addition to Earth Day, tonight is the first night of Passover! We will be sedar-ing with the fam tomorrow! Bring on the MATZAH! {thank goodness for whole foods and amazon who carry the gluten free kind!} Happy Pesach to all who celebrate!

@lukasgraham #micellarwater @lunabar @joinsunshine @scandalabc= #weeklywins #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

Happy weekend!!! Tell me what you’re doing! Xox

• Biana Perez April 22, 2016 at 8:45 am

Girl your nails are amazing…seriously so pretty! I have been giving mine a break from gel this month and I’m itching for may to get them done!! I was heartbroken in yesterday’s scandal episode…did you watch yet?! Happy Friday girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 8:50 am

Ahh thanks Biana! I needed something different after the mint color I had on prior… so red it was! Last night watched Million Dollar Listing NY and then we finally caught up with Scandal but didn’t watch the newest one yet… will prob tackle that tonight!! Happy Friday to you!!! Xox

• thefashionfolks April 22, 2016 at 9:52 am

Love the Garnier Skinactive, it’s sooooo good! And those sandals look kind of Birkenstock love ’em!

Have a lovely week love! Xx

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 10:29 am

SO good!!! And yes! That’s what I said in the post! But I have birks and these are way more comfortable and more chic, in my opinion! Thanks for stopping by the blog!! Happy weekend! Xox

• for seven seasons April 22, 2016 at 10:03 am

Oh my goodness, I’ve had ‘7 years’ stuck in my head too! for weeks! Glad to hear I’m not the only one hahaha

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 10:30 am

Nope, not the only one. I’m OBSESSED!!!!!! Xox

• Charity April 22, 2016 at 10:12 am

Pat the bunny is the best book for babies! Oh how I miss those days…Have a great weekend and it’s supposed to be nothing but sunshine here in Houston for the next two days.

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 10:31 am

The best!! And oh yay! Happy to hear! Enjoy your bright and sunny weekend, Charity! Xo

• Lily Ayala April 22, 2016 at 11:15 am

Need to try Luna bars…less sugar, yes please!! Love the nail color on you. It definitely is refreshing to get a nice mani and pedi. Might have to get a pedi over the weekend! ;)

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Lily, Luna Bars are THE BEST! And yes! Get a mani over the weekend! You deserve it girl! Xox

• Elena Dal Maso April 22, 2016 at 11:58 am

I love your nail art!

xoxo

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Ha! I wish I could do my own nails and take the credit for this lovely paint job but I can’t! Happy weekend! Xox

• Jalisa April 22, 2016 at 12:04 pm

I can understand why you’ve been listening to Lukas Graham on repeat, he has such a beautiful and soothing voice, love it! I need to check out that micellar water myself, I too have been reading a lot of great things about it. What skin type do you have? I have oily, sensitive skin, so I break out SUPER easily. I LOVE your nails, girl! That color looks great on you and your nails are so long and have such a nice shape to them! How cute is that hamesh teether?! I just recently purchased a pair of my first birdenstocks the other day in a snakeskin print, I’m loving the ones you’re wearing. I’ll have to check my local Target because I want a pair of black! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and Happy Pesach!

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Jalisa! Yes, completely agree! Lukas Grapham has the most soothing voice ever! And yes! Def check out the micellar water – I have sensitive skin too and am always hesitant to try new things but like I said, I’m loving it so far! I also have combo skin with an oily t-zone… this is improving that? Maybe? Hhaha might be too soon to tell but I am happy that I am actually taking off my makeup! Glad you like my nails… I love you for saying that they are a beautiful shape! I get them from my grandma! And omgosh yessss, the teether!!!!!!!!! I mean, I am OBSESSED! My new favorite gift to get all the new jewish babies in my life! Ha! Love it so much! I am sure your snakeskin birks are darling!! Can’t wait to see them featured on your blog! In the meantime, these ones from Target are pretty great! Happy weekend and happy Passover to you! Xoxo

• Stefanie Meier April 22, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Luna bars are so freaking tasty
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin’

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Couldn’t have said it better myself! Delish! Glad you found my blog, Stefanie! Xox

• Shauna C April 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Ohhhh I love that nail color! Perfect for summer coming up! Hope you have the best weekend!!

Shauna

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Thanks lady! Been wearing it all week and not even sick of it yet which is pretty big for me! Have a great weekend too! Happy Friday!! Xox

• Nina April 22, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Love your mani and pedi, gorgeous colors. And how cute that little dress is . have a lovely weekend ahead. xx
    Nina

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Thanks Nina!! And I know – that mini dress, I die! Enjoy your weekend too! Xo

• Darcy from A Memory of Us April 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm

This is such a fun idea for a post! Love yournew sandals!

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:55 pm

So sweet, Darcy! Thank you! I wore the sandals today and was in Sephora and all the employees complimented me and were asking about them! They’re great! Happy weekend, girl! Xox

• Reagan April 22, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Great post love!! Your mani/pedi has inspired me! I think I may do this tomorrow, mine is long overdue as well! LONG overdue =x lol! I’m glad you like your bag and the box it came in lol! The lady at the post office was so nice and suggested it to me! Happy weekend!! Hope you are well beautiful!! =)

Reagan

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Thanks girl! And yes! Do it on your nails! I’m not even sick of this color yet and I’ve been wearing it pretty much all week now. So funny about the box! Love it! And the bag! Happy weekend! Xox

• Ileana Druetta April 22, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Im also obsessed with Lukas Graham!!! His voice is so amazing <3

xoxo

Ileana

Novelstyle Blog

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 4:53 pm

SO amazing!! I am so that annoying person singing it nonstop! Have the best week, Ileana!! Xox

• Sher April 22, 2016 at 5:15 pm

ooh i’ll have to try micellar water! i currently use a cleansing oil to get rid of heavy foundation and it’s great!

Sher

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Yes! Give it a try, Sher! You won’t be disappointed. Probably very similar to cleansing oil so maybe it what you’re doing is working, stick with it?! Happy weekend! Xox

• Cielo Fronteras April 22, 2016 at 5:37 pm

That cute dress is so adorable!!! Great post! =)

– Cielo

Mermaid in Heels

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Thanks girl! Glad you found my blog! Happy Friday night!! Xoxx

• Kate @ Green Fashionista April 22, 2016 at 6:48 pm

YAY for Earth Day and Micellar Water! I recently hopped on the Scandal train on Netflix, and may need to bingewatch some more episodes tonight. Happy Friday gurlie <3

• Dana Ivy April 22, 2016 at 8:38 pm

YAY!! Don’t you love Scandal? You may be bingewatching as we speak… I’m about to go watch last night’s ep with my hubby! Happy Friday! Xx

• Meg @ My Monochromatic Life April 22, 2016 at 10:20 pm

I may have to check out that micellar solution. I should probably get a real make up remover and a drug store brand is right up my alley. Also, I have seen those shoes at Target and been major league coveting them. So cute! http://mymonochromaticlife.com

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:35 am

Yes! Check it out, Meg!! It’s so inexpensive especially for how big the bottle is!! And ahhh obsessed with the sandals… I just decided that I need them in silver too. Ha! Hope you’re having a great weekend! Xx

• Evelyn April 23, 2016 at 1:16 am

love all your weekly wins! especially the sandals! looks so comfty and cool!
    have a great weekend
    xx,

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:34 am

So sweet, Evelyn! Thank you!! Those sandals are the best. They come in silver as well and I think I need them too! Ha! Glad you found my blog! Thanks for stopping by and hope you’ll be back! Xox

• Falasha April 23, 2016 at 3:13 am

Awesome post, such a great idea. The Luna bar win looks great.

xx Falasha

Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin’ ll Join the Secret Guide

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:33 am

Oh Luna Bars are SO yum! Hope you’re having a great weekend lady! Xox

• Faye Fearon April 23, 2016 at 5:39 am

Lovely post, dear! .x

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

Thanks Faye!! So glad you stopped by the blog! Hope you’ll be back! Xx

• Cara E April 23, 2016 at 12:30 pm

I have the same micellar water, I really need to use it! I really want to try Luna bars too but we can’t get them here in the UK :(
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

What?!?! No luna bars in the UK? What if you order from Amazon? They’re the best! Xox

• Lauren April 23, 2016 at 4:51 pm

I love the micellar water too! Great for cleansing and taking off makeup!

-Lauren

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:31 am

Yes! It’s so great, not sure why it took me so long to jump on the Micellar Water bandwagon though!! Xox

• AngeliePangilinan April 24, 2016 at 5:54 am

You’ve got lovely nails! Sadly, micellar water never really worked for me :(

Angelie // Life Lately…

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:30 am

Oh no! What happened when you started using it?!?

• Leah April 24, 2016 at 8:50 am

Love this post!
    xx Leah

• Dana Ivy April 24, 2016 at 10:29 am

Thanks girl! Hope you’ll be back for more! Xox

• Ashon April 25, 2016 at 6:39 am

Great post! absolutely enjoy reading your post. I can’t stop listening Lukas Graham’s 7 years <3

Kisses Ashon

• Dana Ivy April 26, 2016 at 10:29 am

Ah me either! Can.not.stop!! Glad you found my blog! I hope you’ll be back! Xox

• Julia April 25, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I loooove Luna Bars but I have never tried peppermint stick! I’m going to give it a try for sure. This was such a fun round up by the way, I can’t wait to listen to the Lukas Graham song as well. Finding new music is the best! Thanks for sharing!

• Dana Ivy April 26, 2016 at 10:31 am

Omgosh!! Julia, you MUST try the peppermint stick! It’s the only way to go! Lukas Graham is amazing but beware: you will become addicted and you won’t be able to get the song out of your head! Hope you’re having a great week! Xox

• The Beautiful Things April 26, 2016 at 3:45 pm
    • The Beautiful Things April 26, 2016 at 3:45 pm

and happy to see you had more luck with the micellar water!

• Dana Ivy April 27, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Thanks girl!! You are so sweet!! Hope you’re having a good week so far! Xox

• I Adore What I Did // April 2016 April 27, 2016 at 7:39 am

[…] her all day long! She is SUPER chill and really sweet. If missed, see the gift we brought her in this weekly wins post, under the “give” section! Also shown on my […]

• […] about in this post}, Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars {which I mentioned my obsession with here}, Gluten-Free Pasta from Trader Joes, Edy’s Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip Ice […]