Weekly Wins // #9

Weekly Wins // #9

April 8, 2016 in I Adore Mom Life, I Adore What I Love >/div>

Weekly Wins is a series where I touch on my “wins” from the week in the categories of love, buy, do, eat, give, read, tech, watch and wear. It’s 100% my favorite post to write. Enjoy!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // featured image // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

Oh hi there!! I am sooo soooo sorry for disappointing anyone in not posting my Weekly Wins last Friday. As I discussed on Monday’s post, on Thursday afternoon I came down with what I quickly realized was the stomach flu. I woke up Friday feeling a little better, Isaiah went to work, and then I called him crying a few hours into the morning because I felt like I was dying! I was MISERABLE! He came home to take care of Brods, and I took the longest bath of my life and slept for most of the day thereafter. That being said, it was too difficult to finish writing Friday’s Weekly Wins and I didn’t want to post something that wasn’t perfect! You see, I usually write my favorite Friday series throughout the week and then make a bunch of changes, edit, and complete any finishing touches on Thursday night. I couldn’t even bring myself to open my computer! Blah!! Anyways, before Thursday, it was a great week and since I’ve been feeling better, I’ve had another great week. Let’s dive into the fun!

LOVE:
Brody in this UH-dorable BALLIN’ tee and star pants!! C/O the kid’s clothing brand Lola + the Boys! We just tried on the ensemble one night before Brods went to bed BUT I can’t wait to actually put him in it once the weather gets warmer and shorts are acceptable!! Let me tell you, both the tee and shorts are beyond soft as well as really great quality. Andddd I absolutely ADORE that the shorts have pockets! Too cute for words! The shop carries boys and girls collections and I am equally obsessed with the girls stuff as much as I love their boys clothing. Not joking, I want a girl just to put her in Lola + the Boys dresses! Shop the kid’s online store here, like their Facebook page here, and their Instagram account here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Brody in Lola + The Boys Clothing // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

BUY:
These nude pumps! How chic? I bought them and then wore them when I tried on a few dresses the same day for upcoming weddings. I actually ended up buying one of the dresses but needed to get it altered and had to go to the front mirror where everyone could see you… well, let’s just say random people were coming up to me and asking about these pumps!! For one, they look wayyy more expensive than they are and the color is everything. They literally match my skin tone to a t. On top of that, they are not your average pump! So much cuter, in my opinion, and different with that perfect chunky heel. Shop them here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Nude Heels // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{the pic doesn’t even do them justice}

DO:
Remember last week when I mentioned that I went to a surprise birthday party? And that there was a private chef there for all of us. Well, this is a major DO!!! Everyone needs to hire a private chef at some point in their lives, because, #lifechanging =) Seriously, our friend Brynn had the right idea when planning this. Instead of throwing a huge shindig at a bar for her boyfriend’s 30th birthday, she invited 10 of us over to surprise him with an intimate dinner get-together. It was great. And get this: the whole meal was paleo and gluten free!! If anyone wants to do something similar in the Chicago area, you have to hire Elizabeth Prewitt from Silver Plum Personal Chef. She rocked! So much so, that our taste-buds will never be the same!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Private Chef Dinner // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

EAT:
Wellaby’s gluten free products! Because they are all amaaaaaaazing!! From crackers, to pita chips, to mini crackers, to something they call “cheese ups,” I am addicted! I actually contacted the company after buying the parmesan cheese cheese ups at my local Jewel {it’s a grocery store, in case you didn’t know!} just to tell them how much I loved the product! Their customer service team was so nice that they offered to send me some of their other products to try. Let me tell you, you can’t go wrong with anything they make! And their flavors are out of control {see photo}! Click here to find a store that carries Wellaby’s products near you.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Wellaby's Gluten Free Products // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

GIVE:
Not something that I gave to someone else, but rather something that was given to me =) We went to Bumb Club and Beyond’s Birthday Bash this past Sunday at the tail end of my sickness and it was a blast! Brody had the best time! We got this whole bag of party favors upon leaving and it was a pretty great swag bag if I do say so myself. Lots of coupons, a couple kids books, some Chicago parent magazines, bubbles, a toothbrush, a teether for Brods, and even some SkinnyPop! Why does this make me so happy? HA #thankyoubumpclub!!!!!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Bumb Club Swag // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

READ:
Ah I have no idea how I am finding the time, but I bought the Kindle edition of Kristin Cavallari’s book “Balancing in Heels” and I’m already SO INTO IT. She literally starts off page one by talking about how MTV showed up at her Laguna Beach High School one day, which is clearly the best attention grabber ever for a reality obsessed gal like me. So basically, she had me at sentence numero uno. I don’t think TV will ever be that dramatic good again… which is why I have this book to relive all the juicy moments! Thanks Kristin!

PS Balancing in Heels also focuses on KC’s journey through marriage, motherhood, and business. Plus, she’s a Chicago girl. All signs that I haaaaad to get it!! Click here for more details on the book!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Balancing in Heels Book Cover // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

TECH:
You guys, have you heard about Paribus yet? If not, you MUST sign up!! Let me preface this by saying this company is NOT a scam, which some may think because it sounds too good to be true. Basically, Paribus tracks all your spending and purchases and then if the price drops later on something that you bought, they file a claim on your behalf with the store. Soon, you’ll see the money back on your credit card!! I mean, how amazing… and easy?! I signed up last week and two days later got a notification in my gmail saying that I got $11 back on a purchase that I made through Amazon! Woohoo!!!!! Then, this week I got $8 back on a different purchase!! I thought it was too good to be true at first too but then I did a little research and saw that Paribus has been featured on ABC News, NBC News, Yahoo Tech, Good Morning America, etc… the list goes on! And I don’t know about you but when I shop at Nordstrom and then see something that I bought is on sale later, I would never ask for a price adjustment. Too much work. But now that Paribus is doing the work for me, it’s a win win! Sign up now! It’s free!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Parabus // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{photo via}

WATCH:
J. Lo on Carpool Karaoke with James Corden! This was going to be my watch win from last week and considering I’ve been watching it again and again more than a few times now over the past couple days, I am going to stick with it… you probably saw it already but if not, check it out now!! My favorite part = J. Lo doing her music video dance moves. I die!

Another watch-win: the American Idol series finale last night. Everyone that’s ever been on the show before came back and it was pretty epic. However, #tears… for obvious reasons.

WEAR:
The coolest and comfiest distressed boyfriend jeans that I’ve ever bought! And guess what?! They are ONLY $58!!!!! Yes, $58!!!!! I still can’t believe I found such a steal! To be honest, I didn’t even look at the price tag when I tried them on so the fact that they were so inexpensive was the icing on the cake. Anyways, I’ve worn them SO much already, from going out with a pair of black basic heels to during the day with a cute pair of sporty slip-ons… they are perfection and I am obsessed!! Shop there here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #9 // Boyfriend Jeans // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

@SteveMadden @WellabysUSA @KristinCav @ParibusCo @nordstrom = #weeklywins #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

Any fun plans this weekend? Do tell in the comments!

• Lily Ayala April 8, 2016 at 8:54 am

Seriously, i can’t get enough of Brody’s cuteness! He looks adorable in that tee! Love the nude pumps! Boyfriend jeans are so comfy…I need a distressed pair! Looking great girl!

• Dana Ivy April 8, 2016 at 11:25 am

You are the sweetest, Lily! We’ll keep the brodster =) I’m obsessed with these pumps and these distressed bf jeans… these are so comfy! Happy weekend! xox

• Lauren April 8, 2016 at 9:39 am

Love those heels!! And, hope your feeling better! Brody is so cute :)

xo Lauren

• Dana Ivy April 8, 2016 at 11:24 am

Aww thanks girl! I am thankfully feeling SO much better! Woohoo! Happy Friday!! Xo

• Hanna April 8, 2016 at 11:41 am

My first time visiting your blog and I love this series! –Hanna Lei

Latest Post: Outfit: Black Mesh Flare Dress

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:40 am

Awww thanks Hanna! You are so sweet! Hope you’ll be back for more =) Happy weekend girl!

• Biana Perez April 8, 2016 at 11:53 am

Oh gosh that J.Lo carpool video was amazing- such a fun watch! Love your new heels and even better that you’re already getting compliments on it! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:41 am

I can’t stop watching that JLo vid, Biana! Absolutely hilarious! And thanks girl – I actually wore them last night to a wedding rehearsal dinner and they actually were pretty comfortable! Woohoo!! Enjoy your weekend as well!!

• Charity April 8, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Those nude pumps are everything! So glad you are feeling better and have a great weekend ;)

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:42 am

Thanks Charity! I wore them last night to a wedding rehearsal din and they were pretty comfortable! Thank goodness – I was a little worried, ha! Happy weekend to you and your fam!

• Megan April 8, 2016 at 12:26 pm

I love your weekly wins! I look forward to reading them every week! Brody is so stylish :) The personal chef sounds awesome. I will have to look into that! Fun fact for you since I know you love reality tv and your read win is Balancing In Heels; When I was in the hospital having Stella, we were literally next door neighbors with Kristin and Jay when they were having their daughter Saylor. It is such a fun story to tell people!

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:44 am

Hi Megan!! Thank you so much and if you didn’t know this already, I love you for reading and now for commenting!!!!!! The personal chef was awesome!! And OMG dyinggg that you were next to Kristin and Jay while in delivery! Best story ever!!! Where did you deliver? Prentice? Happy weekend girl and thanks again for all the blog love and support! Xox

• Megan April 9, 2016 at 11:45 am

I delivered at Lake Forest.

• Dana Ivy April 11, 2016 at 10:34 am

That makes sense!! So fun!

• The Beautiful Things April 8, 2016 at 1:02 pm

love those shoes! and jlo was great! http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:45 am

Thank you! So sweet!! Wore the shoes last night and they were actually pretty comfortable! Happy weekend! Xox

• Nicole Miller April 8, 2016 at 2:16 pm

100% sold on the shoes and the book! Laguna Beach and The Hills were the BEST.

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:47 am

the BEST!!!! And guess what? I wore the shoes last night for a wedding rehearsal dinner and they were wayyy more comfortable than I ever imagined they’d be! Go get ’em! Xox

• Ileana Druetta April 8, 2016 at 3:10 pm

What a great week! The nude shoes look so amazing :)

xoxo

Ileana

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:48 am

Thanks Ileana!! Wore them last night and so comfy! Thank goodness! ha Xox

• Jalisa April 8, 2016 at 3:12 pm

OMG, Brody is too cute for words in his little matching set, I love the shirt especially, too cute! I’m also loving both your nude heels and boyfriend jeans! I love the chunky heel on the shoe, I need to get a pair like that! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:50 am

Thanks for the Brody love, Jalissa! You’re the sweetest!! The nude heels are comfortable! Wore them last night for a wedding rehearsal dinner and I was pleasantly surprised =) And I am obsessed with the bf jeans! They fit so well!! Enjoy your weekend, lady!! Xoxo

• Kate @ Green Fashionista April 8, 2016 at 3:15 pm

How adorable is Brody in that outfit!! And LOVING those heels, so pretty! I still need to pick up Kristin’s book, I’m reading Lauren Conrad’s party planning book and then I’ll move onto K-Cav’s next. Happy Friday <3

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:51 am

Awwww you’re so sweet!! So funny that you are reading LC’s book and want to read Kristin’s next because I am the opposite… want to read LC’s next! Happy weekend to you, Kate! Xox

• Amber Shannon April 8, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Awesome post…!! Great way to reflect on your week!! I’m loving the pumps!! I’m getting ready to buy a pair online as soon as I finish up with reading around fellow bloggers’ blogs! :o)

Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Jag Jeans Style Series: Girl’s Night Out

• Dana Ivy April 9, 2016 at 9:52 am

Thanks Amber!! Weekly wins are my absolute fave posts to write, for sure! Did you buy the pumps?! I wore them last night and they were wayyy more comfortable then I thought they were going to be! Happy weekend! Xox

• katelyn ryan April 9, 2016 at 10:40 am

Those jeans look so great on you! I may need to try those!!! Happy weekend!

• Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Aww what a sweet compliment, Katelyn! I’ve pretty much been living in them lately! Hope you had a great weekend girl! Xoxo

• Silvia Arossa April 9, 2016 at 12:54 pm
    • Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Silvia! Glad you found my blog!! Hope you had a great weekend!! Xox

• Naomella April 9, 2016 at 1:41 pm

A gorgeous week round up. Paribus sounds great! I´ve watched this carpool karaoke video with J.Lo also and liked it a lot! xoxo

• Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Thanks lady!! Paribus is EVERYTHING! You should sign up! And yes, obsessed with the carpool karaoke! Hilar! Xox

• Ashley April 10, 2016 at 8:56 am

That was by far my favorite Carpool Karaoke! SO funny! And I love the idea behind Paribus – what an awesome concept! Definitely signing up for it

• Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Agree!!!! And yes!! Did you sign up for Paribus yet? It’s pretty much my new favorite thing since I get to do NOTHING while making a little extra money in my pocket! I can’t believe I’ve already saved $18 in a week and a half! Hope you’ve had a great weekend!! Xox

• Pisa April 10, 2016 at 11:07 am

Great week round up dear! These pictures looks so fun! And the video with J.Lo is really funny!
    Have a wonderful day!
    XO Pisa

• Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Thank you Pisa! The J.Lo video gets me every time… I’ve watched it way too much! Xox

• Chow Down USA April 10, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Where do I even begin, these are all amazing wins! That ballin shirt is the most adorable thing I’ve ever laid my eyes on, and I’ve never had a private chef so that’s officially on my list now! As a newish gluten free gal myself, I love learning about new delicious products that I can actually eat, so def checking out Wellaby’s now!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

• Dana Ivy April 10, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Aww thanks Chelsea!! SO glad you enjoyed this post!! And yes!! Go check out Wellaby’s!! Be beware: everything I’ve tried is completely and totally addicting! xoxox

• Nidhi April 10, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Aw hope you’re recovering well from your stomach bug! I love so many of the wins here!! And I’m actually planning a party and was considering a private chef, might have to do it after hearing how great it is!
    An Unblurred Lady

• Dana Ivy April 13, 2016 at 11:56 pm

How did I miss this comment?!? So happy you found my blog, Nidhi! Go for the private chef – if the experience is anything like ours, you won’t be disappointed! Xox

• Rochelle Fox April 11, 2016 at 2:39 am

What a great week. Such a nice blog.
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my latest VLOG and my blog

• […] staples that I LOVE: Wellaby’s Parmesan Cheese-Ups {which I spoke about in this post}, Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars {which I mentioned my obsession with here}, Gluten-Free […]