My Obsession with Korean Sheet Masks

My Obsession with Korean Sheet Masks

May 24, 2016 in I Adore Mom Life, I Adore What I Love >/div>
I Adore What I Love Blog // MY OBSESSION WITH KOREAN SHEET MASKS // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

I was going to say happy Monday but it’s Tuesday, so happy Tuesday! You might have noticed that there wasn’t a new post yesterday on I Adore What I Love and I must apologize for that! I mentioned it on my blog Facebook page and on my instagram but my internet was being faulty on Sunday when I was trying to edit and finalize this post so here we are today instead.

I have to preface, though, that I’m really putting myself out there with this one guys! I’m about to tell you about my obsession with Korean face masks but before I start there, I want you to know that you’re about to see some SCARY photos of me. Like, REALLY SCARY. I could have just included the photos of the mask packaging but felt I would be doing an injustice to the product and to the post. My readers {you!} need to see what it looks like when someone puts these masks on. So, without further ado, take a look…

I Adore What I Love Blog // My Obsession with Korean Sheet Masks // Mask on Face // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorwhatilove

Ahhhhhhhhh. Don’t. Freak. Out. Just. Yet. Because if that’s not enough, here’s another photo for your viewing pleasure {if you can’t tell, that’s sarcasm – not sure how pleasurable I am to look at with a sheet mask on my face. HA!}…

I Adore What I Love Blog // My Obsession with Korean Sheet Masks // Mask in Bathroom // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorwhatilove

It’s one of those things where I can look for a second and then I have to look away! With that being said, these “I’m Real” face masks by Tonymoly are MY FAVORITE. And if you buy them, I promise you can apply the mask in the privacy of your own home, and you do NOT have to take photos of yourself, or let anyone but maybe the love in your life see you with it on. Basically, whether you choose to publicize your masked self or not, I think we can all agree that it’s all in the name of beauty!

IMG_7156

I bet you want to know what’s so special about these babies, am I right? Well, SO many things. And before I list all the reasons why they are my favorite, I want you to know that I randomly bought them from Amazon one day because I was perusing the site, randomly came across them, and they looked like something that would be fun to use and right up my alley. Are you judging me for buying something only because it looked fun? I hope not. Turns out I made a pretty smart decision after all because I’ve used almost all of my masks up now and each one truly does what it claims to do. Plus, Tonymoly knows what’s up. They have a history of winning countless awards for many of their unique products.

IMG_7158

The beauty market is actually flooded right now with many different brands who make sheet masks. They are kind of all the rage these days. But they aren’t cheap. One brand in particular sells ONE sheet mask for as high as $32!! I mean, that’s just CRAZY. On Amazon, you can buy a pack of the ones I’m showing you here – there are 11 of them – all together for under $15. That means each mask is a dollar and some change. Can you say steal?!?! The best part is that they WORK.

I Adore What I Love Blog // My Obsession with Korean Sheet Masks // All the Masks // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorwhatilove

Each individually wrapped mask in the pack that I purchased {above} targets different skin problems, but you can choose to buy the same type of mask in packs of 10 if you prefer. Let’s discuss the benefits of each:

Clear Skin Rice Mask = Improves skin tone and skin radiance
Skin Soothing Tea Tree Mask = Tea tree extract relieves skin outbreak and maintains healthy and clean skin
Pore Care Red Wine Mask =  Tightens pores and fights aging + exfoliates
Moisturizing Aloe Mask = Soothes and hydrates + regenerates acne scars
Radiance Tomato Mask = Has vitamins in it along with fiber to remove dirt and help sebum control
Skin Purifying Seaweed Mask =  Helps to clear skin and make it radiant
Brightening Lemon Mask = Whitens skin with vitamin C
Skin Purifying Makkoli Mask = Contains a rice-fermented extract to help clear skin tone
Vitality Broccoli Mask = Raises skin resistance with anti-aging vitamin A
Elasticity Pomegranate Mask =  Using a female hormone, skin will spring back into shape
Nutrition Avocado Mask =  Avocado nourishes the skin, activates collagen, and breaks down elastin

Something great to note about these specific sheet masks is that they are a “5 free” product, which means they contain NO parabene, talc, benzo-phenone, troethanolamin, artificial pigment. Also, all the ingredients used are organic and were never tested on animals. The Tonymoly brand as a whole is eco-friendly, too. Such a plus!!

I feel compelled to let you know that I have reeeeeeeeeaaaallly sensitive skin and am alwayssss hesitant to try new facial product! But these never irritated me once. On the contrary, they feel cooling and leave my skin baby soft!

And if you’re wondering, I really don’t have a favorite. They all do what they claim to do. Each time I use one, I keep it on my face for at least 15-20 minutes as I watch TV to pass the time. Then, I take the serum that’s left in the bottom of the package and rub it all over my whole entire body!! The formula is extremely absorbing and as I mentioned above, leaves you with a baby-soft skin… sans all the problems you had prior to applying the mask. They truly do work wonders!

Shop these Korean Sheet Masks HERE. Remember the whole pack of 11 is under $15! Your skin will not regret it!

PS so so many celebs have jumped on the Korean sheet mask bandwagon too; including Chrissy Teigen, Lady Gaga, January Jones, and more. The list goes on!

PPS check back on THURSDAY for a new I Adore What I Click post and then of course on FRIDAY for my Weekly Wins =)

Find out why #Tonymoly #Korean #SheetMasks are the best of the best! You need! #ontheblog Click To Tweet

On an entirely different note, who watched The Bachelorette premier last night with JoJo? Share your thoughts in the comments!

• The Lilac Press May 24, 2016 at 7:40 am

I’ve heard so many great things about these! They do look kind of silly on, but they also look super fun! I definitely need to try one!! Xo -L

• Dana Ivy May 24, 2016 at 10:34 am

You should for sure try them!! I love this brand and they WORK. They are easy and convenient too! Xox

• Lily Ayala May 24, 2016 at 9:30 am

I didn’t get a post up yesterday either girl..I didn’t have time to do what I originally wanted to get up and I tried to get something else up…but I wasn’t happy with it.
    I love sheet masks…they are so convenient! I think I need these in my life!

• Dana Ivy May 24, 2016 at 10:35 am

Ugh, life happens!! Sheet masks are the best. As the title of the posts mentions, I’m obsessed! Haha! And these are my fave for sure! Xox

• thefashionfolks May 24, 2016 at 10:00 am

They look so much fun! Love the packaging! Xx

• Dana Ivy May 24, 2016 at 10:35 am

Yes the packaging is so cute! But the real amazingness is the fact that they work!! Can’t say enough great things! Xox

• Jalisa May 24, 2016 at 10:14 am

I’ve read so many great things about Korean skincare products in general and I know a few people who are particularly fond of the sheet masks, but I’ve never tried them before! I like the idea of them, these in particular. They seem to contain such great skin nourishing ingredients, so I think I just might give these a try! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you’re having a great start to your day so far!

• Dana Ivy May 24, 2016 at 10:38 am

Same! Korean skincare is supposed to be way more advanced that what we have here in the US. These masks are the creme of the crop and I truly can’t say enough great things! You should definitely try them! I’m so glad I could enlighten you on how these work and open your eyes to a new brand, Jalisa! You will love them! And they are pretty inexpensive for what they do!! Like the title of this post says, I’m OBSESSED! Happy Tuesday, lady! Xox

• Dara May 24, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Hahah I love these. I usually get the Sephora brand ones, and have a deep obsession with them. I haven’t tried the Korean ones though. And yes! So scary looking. My fiancé cannot look at me, take me seriously, or be in the same room as me when I wear one, he thinks it looks like something from Silence of the Lambs, oh well :-)

— Dara // http://www.peoniesandhoneybees.com

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:13 am

hahahaha I get it. SO scary! Thus all the warnings I gave everyone who read the post LOL. It’s all in the name of beauty! Obviously!! And PS my husband feels the same, so your fiancé isn’t the only one! Ha! Xox

• Kate @ Green Fashionista May 24, 2016 at 4:08 pm

These look and sound amazing, I’d never heard of them before. Thanks for the great review <3

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:12 am

They are awesome! I will be forever buying them for myself! Glad you liked this post – let me know if you try them, Kate!! Xox

• Chow Down USA May 24, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Ooh I love treating myself to face masks like these, I’ll have to try them out! Also you crack me up with your “scary” warnings! Hope you’re having a good week so far girl!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:11 am

Yes!! Try them out, Chelsea! Hahahah seriously though, I look so scary!! I surprised myself by including those pics in the post! LOL! If you get the masks, let me know!! Xox

• Kaitlin Gillespie May 24, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I’ve had my eye on these for a while! Definitely going to try them out now!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:04 am

Woohoo!! You will love them!! Let me know girl!!!! Xox

• Biana Perez May 24, 2016 at 7:56 pm

That is such a great deal!! Especially when the ones at Sephora are $5 per sheet mask!! Definitely going to try to order these! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:04 am

Right?!! $5 per sheet mask doesn’t seem crazy at first but when you hear how much these are comparatively, and given the fact that they work, it’s silly not to buy them! They are almost free! Hahahah =) If you get them, Biana, let me know!!!!!

• Deena Simair May 24, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I bought a couple at Sephora for 5$ and I loved them…didn’t realize that’s what they’re called. Definitely going to check out these ones on Amazon!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:03 am

Oh yes!! $5 per sheet mask doesn’t seem crazy at first but when you hear how much these are comparatively, and given the fact that they work, why not invest!! If you get them, let me know!!!!! Xox

• Wynne Prasetyo May 25, 2016 at 2:05 am

sensitive skin is challenging but glad you found products that your skin doesn’t reject! I am very bad at sticking to this kind of beauty routines, normally I’d keep it up for 1 week and after that I get lazy hahaha.

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:01 am

Thanks Wynne! You’re the sweetest! And I totally hear ya with that, but the good thing about these is that they really aren’t part of any routine. I just use them need be! I LOVE! Xox

• Courtney May 25, 2016 at 8:41 am

These masks sound amazing!! That’s crazy how expensive some face masks can be but I love that these are so cheap comparatively!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 9:01 am

They’re amazing! I still can’t believe how cheap they are since they work so well! Seriously can’t say enough good things! Let me know if you try them!! Xox

• Charity May 25, 2016 at 9:16 am

I still have a sheet mask that was in my fabfitfun box that I have never tried! I have sensitive skin too and I always get nervous about trying new products. I might have to check these out Dana!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:59 am

Try the one in the fabfitfun box and if it’s just okay, I would suggest investing in these! They are so cheap, it’s worth it! And I promise, they’ve never irritated my skin once! Like you, I get soooo nervous about that too!! Xox

• Yukova May 25, 2016 at 9:35 am

I love Holika Holika ones x
    Yuliya at Yukova Blog

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:58 am

Oooo never heard of those! I feel like I would be cheating on the Tonymoly brand but I’m all for trying something new too! hahah. So happy you found my blog and I hope you’ll be back to read more!! Xox

• Emelia @ Dream Big & Buy the S May 25, 2016 at 2:13 pm

I’ve heard so many good things about the ones you mentioned and have yet to pick them up. That needs to change, especially if they’re on Amazon! Great recommendations, thanks for sharing!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:56 am

You must try them, Emilia!! Amazon is the best and with prime, it’s even better! So glad you liked this post! Thanks for stopping by the blog and hope you’ll come back to read more!! Also, if you get them, let me know what you think!!!! Xox

• WhatWouldVWear May 25, 2016 at 2:54 pm

How cool are those, Dana?! I have never heard of them but I will definitely check them out! I personally love masks — they are so relaxing!

xoxo, Vanessa

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:55 am

Yes! Check them out Vanessa!! These ones are super easy and convenient and they WORK! I love!! If you get them, let me know what you think!! Xox

• Darcy from A Memory of Us May 25, 2016 at 4:06 pm

I have almost bought these like 6 times and then always put them back on the shelf ahah. I need to just try one sometime!

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:54 am

Hahaha I hear ya! I do that with so many other things, but not these, I will be buying them forever!! They work!! Xox

• Colleen K May 25, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I love reading this review! I used to use masks, but it’s been awhile since my last one. The packaging on these is so cute too! Thanks for the info!

xoxo http://www.touchofcurl.com

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:54 am

Aww so sweet girl! Glad you liked this post! These ones are so easy and convenient! The packaging is cute, which got me in the first place, but now that I know they work I will be buying them forever! Xox

• Megan | DENTON & LOU May 25, 2016 at 11:38 pm

I have never seen these before, but it looks fantastic. Such an easy way to do a mask without making a huge mess (me normally)

Megan
    Denton & Lou

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:52 am

Ha! I hear you on that. It still gets a littttttle messy with the serum but just rub it all over your whole body! And it’s way less messy than a clay mask or something of that sort so you’re good there! Plus, cleanup is WAY easier too! So glad you found my blog, Megan, and I hope you come back to read more!! Xox

• Hadasah Love (Style to Love) May 26, 2016 at 12:12 am

I love your blog, thank you for sharing!

xoxo, Hadasah

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:48 am

awww I love you for loving my blog!! Thanks for reading, girl! Xox

• Naomella May 26, 2016 at 4:49 am

They look funny, but I don’t think we have these in Austria. But I definitely should try out Korean beauty products, since they are very trending. xoxo

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 8:48 am

Can you buy them on Amazon even if they don’t carry them in your country?!?! You would love!! Xox

• Jesica May 26, 2016 at 9:58 am

Oh my gosh I’ve been dying to try these Korean style sheet masks but was totally overwhelmed on which ones to try out. Can’t wait to order these, I love that they’re organic and free of all the nasty stuff!
    xx Jesica

• Dana Ivy May 26, 2016 at 10:23 am

Oh I hear you girl! So happy that I was able to narrow down the search for the perfect sheet mask for ya! Let me know what you think – but I’m pretty sure you’ll love them as much as I do!! Xox

• […] Korean sheet mask and now I feel oh so good! If you missed my post about them from Tuesday, read it here because oh my goodness, there is nothing better after a busy day of running errands in the heat! […]

• Neelam May 27, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I saw these months ago and meant to try them, then forgot! Thank you for reminding me! I love your honesty in your posts! Thanks for sharing.
    Neelam

• Dana Ivy May 30, 2016 at 11:21 am

Hey Neelam! Just seeing this! But you are oh so welcome for the reminder!! Ha! Did you order them yet? You will LOVE! So glad you found my blog and hope you’ll be back to read more!! Happy Memorial Day! Xox