Weekly Wins // #14

Weekly Wins // #14

May 13, 2016 in I Adore Mom Life, I Adore What I Love >/div>
I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #14 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

Weekly Wins is a series where I touch on my “wins” from the week in the categories of love, buy, do, eat, give, read, tech, watch and wear. It’s 100% my favorite post to write. Enjoy!

This was the busiest and most fun week we’ve had in a long time! And because of that, it flew by!! It was seriously hard to choose this week’s wins only because I had so many different things that I wanted to feature in each category. After much thought and deliberation, I finally was able to pick out the best of the best! Take a look!

LOVE:
Ladies {and gentleman}, we HAVE a walker! A 16-month-old walker to be exact! Obviously this is the most exciting thing to happen in my life since {gluten-free} sliced bread! I literally never thought this was going to happen, but it did! Brody is officially WALKING!!!!!! The best part: he is SO proud of himself for doing it! It’s a blurry pic {because he’s SO fast} but still, I die!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Brody Walking // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

BUY:
Contrary to the excitement of Brody walking, this week was semi-annoying because my iPhone decided to flat out DIE on me! First I couldn’t text, than the battery would go from 100% to OFF in 30 minutes flat {not kidding} and eventually, I couldn’t make calls out. There were also a bunch of other problems so I took it into Apple and they gave me a new phone! As they should, right?! It wasn’t my fault I got a lemon! Anyways, I decided to swap my iPhone case for a much needed new one! Apple actually came out with these silicone cases and I got the pink one. You guys, it’s the best iPhone case I’ve ever owned!! Shop it here

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Apple Silicone iPhone Case // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

DO:
Soooo, this week we got Brods another haircut… and we went SHORT! I feel like I was just sitting here telling you about his first haircut but I was super hesitant during that appointment to do anything drastic so the hairdresser really just cleaned his hair up, without taking off much length. This time however, we went there with the intent of changing up his do’ and chopping it off! I am SO happy with how it turned out! What do you think?

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Brody Getting Haircut // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

EAT:
Not just a donut, a DOODLES DOUGHNUT! If you live in Chicago, you MUST head to this new donut shop ASAP! Whether you have kids or not, it is the most fun place to be! Located in Old Town, they have a nice variety of donuts to choose from but you can also get a “doodle doughnut” and decorate it yourself! If you follow me on instagram {@danaivythen you know I took Brods there this week and it was def a highlight!! We went with Brody’s bestie Asher and OMG these boys were in donut heaven!!!!!! It was so funny because Asher was extremely polite, eating the donut in such a delicate matter while Brody was literally going to town!!!!! For the craziest collage of Brody devouring his sweet treat, click here. You don’t have to be a child to decorate a doodles doughnut; just saying’ =)

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Doodles Donut // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

PS they have a few gluten-free donut options as well. I got the GF lemon blueberry one {below} and while it was delicious, it tasted more like cake than a donut. Either way, I didn’t mind!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Gluten Free Doodles Doughnut // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

GIVE:
We obviously gifted tons of presents to the Mother’s in our family over the weekend but for today’s give-win, I am going to change it up and talk about two gifts that were given to me… my mom gave me a Zara gift card inside the cutest little pouch {or I would call it a make-up bag} that you ever did see and my in-laws gifted me with the reversible faux leather tote that I included in my Mother’s Day gift roundup. I am one lucky girl!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Mother's Day Gifts // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

READ:
You know I spoke about my gluten allergy last week {if missed, read it the post here}, and coincidentally, May is Celiac Awareness Month. I came across this “fast facts” graph and honestly, I even learned a few things! Even if you don’t have the allergy, it’s worth the read.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // May is Celiac Awareness Month // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

TECH:
Instagram got a complete make-over you guys! And I love it!! Have you updated your app yet? It’s new, fresh, clean, and WHITE! They did good! PS if you don’t already follow me, you should! As I mentioned before, I post lots and adorable Brody photos and who wouldn’t want to keep up to date on those?!? Click here to update your app and click here to follow me now!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // New Instagram Look // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WATCH:
SO, over the weekend I started to watch There Goes the Motherhood on Bravo and I have to say, I am into it. Not like super duper into it but I don’t hate it and I don’t LOVE it. Either way, I couldn’t stop watching! I DVRed all the episodes since it premiered but hadn’t seen any of them until this week. Do you watch? I feel like I could semi-relate to all the moms in different ways {after all, it is about being a mom} but ultimately, each woman is in a completely different place in their life than I am. And most of the women are no longer married or they are in the process of getting a divorce. Not that I need to relate to them to find it exciting to watch! In the end, it’s an entertaining show and I will def continue to turn it on each week! Hooked!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // There Goes the Motherhood // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WEAR:
My new apple watch band! Ahhh the hubs got it for me for Mother’s Day {actually, it’s one of the ones that I featured on my Mother’s Day Gift Guide… he did read it!!!!} and while it’s SO different from the silver mesh one I’ve always had, who doesn’t enjoy changing things up a bit?! This new one is a bright pink woven material and super fun! Love it!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #13 // Apple Watch Pink Band // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

@apple #applewatchband @doodlesdoughnut #instagram = #weeklywins #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

Also, I totally forgot to mention this all week long but did you happen to catch the Instagram video that my friend Kristi and I put together?? We posted over the weekend announcing the winner for our Beautycounter giveaway! If missed: click here to check it out!!

Happy Friday you guys! What are youuuu up to this weekend?

• Charity May 13, 2016 at 7:02 am

Happy Fri-YaY! Oh that gluten free donut of yours looks so delish and I’m loving your new watch band :)

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:19 am

Thanks Charity!! I wish I could eat a donut and get a new watch band every week! Ha! Let’s just say I’m a wishful thinker. Hope you had the best weekend! Xox

• Deena Simair May 13, 2016 at 8:47 am

Happy weekend- my nephew is 15 months and hasn’t walked yet…he scuttles around on his knees for the most part. I’m super excited to see him discover the freedom when he finally does!

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:17 am

Awwww Deena, that’s so sweet! Hah Brody was the fastest crawler on the planet because that was all he did! Some babies never crawl which is so crazy to me! Now that he’s walking and is so proud about it, I am just so so happy! I literally never thought it was going to happen! Hope you had the best weekend! Xox

• Biana Perez May 13, 2016 at 8:58 am

Oh my goodness so many great favorites this week! Love your new phone and yes to there goes the motherhood – I feel the same way, I don’t hate it but I dont love it! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:16 am

Thanks Biana! It was a good week, that’s for sure! So glad I’m not the only one watching There Goes the Motherhood and makes me happy that you feel the same way about it as I do. Hoping it gets better! Xox

• WhatWouldVWear May 13, 2016 at 9:14 am

Dana, I love your Apple watch! It’s so cool, and I don’t know what I feel about the new IG update. I’m so used to the old — but the pink is kind cute! And do like the all white too!

Wishing you a Happy Weekend!!

xoxo, Vanessa

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:15 am

Thanks Vanessa! And I hear ya about instagram. It’s hard to let go of what you’re used to! White makes our photos pop now which I love! Hope you had a great weekend! Xox

• Lily Ayala May 13, 2016 at 9:43 am

My heart melted…Mr. Brody looks so happy to be walking! Yay!!
    And I would LOVE that have that donut right about now! LOL!
    Have a good weekend love!

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:13 am

Awww love you Lily! So sweet! And omg the donut was delish! But what donut isn’t delish!! I told myself I’m going to eat better this week than I did last week but now talking about this again makes me really want the donut!!! Yikes! Hope you had the best weekend girl! Xox

• Dara May 13, 2016 at 10:11 am

Eeek! Congratulations on your little walker! He looks SO happy! A blurred photo is a good thing! And love his haircut. Have a great weekend!

— Dara // http://www.peoniesandhoneybees.com

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:12 am

Thanks Dara! Yes! That’s the best part about the whole walking thing – he gets soooo proud of himself! And thanks on the haircut front. It’s short but way better! He now looks like a real boy! Hope you had the best weekend! Xox

• Tamara May 13, 2016 at 10:43 am

I’ve never seen a doughnut like that, yumm!

XoXo,

Tamara – LoveofMode.com

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:11 am

It was delish!! Hope you had a great weekend girl! Xox

• Carina Vardie May 13, 2016 at 11:28 am

He’s such an adorable little walker! Beautiful pictures!

xo

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:11 am

Thanks Carina! Hope you had the best weekend! Xx

• Kathryn May 13, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Dana, those bags are so perfect! Love that the tote is reversible. I swear, your food pics get me every time, too… I’m a sucker for specialty doughnuts, haha.

Kathryn • The Fashionography

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:10 am

To hear that my food pics get you is pretty much the nicest compliment ever! I try really hard, though don’t tell anyone that, okay?! Ha. When you come to the chi you’ll have to try doodles! Hope you had the best weekend, Kathryn!! Xox

• Colleen K May 13, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Omg Dana could he be any cuter?? Congrats Brody on the walking!! I swear once they walk, they RUN!! Have so much fun with him!!

xoxo http://www.touchofcurl.com

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:09 am

You are the sweetest, Colleen! And yes!! He’s a pro walker already! It’s crazy how fast they learn! Xox

• nancy @ adore to adorn May 13, 2016 at 8:41 pm

such a cute post. AND CONGRATS on a walker! Big deal and big news! My baby boy started walking on the early side (11 months) and he just turned 12 months. It’s the best thing ever to see your baby mobile…but also scary! haha…now when he’s outside, he wants to walk and of course fall. I can only imagine how the future may hold a scar or two. =P haha…

Love this Weekly Wins concept.

xo,
    nancy

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:08 am

Thanks Nancy! So glad you found my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more :) I bet your little babe is adorable!! It’s so funny to see these little people mobile!! I honestly think my life will be way easier now that he’s walking. Of course he falls daily but I think that’s because he’s such a boy too! The day Brody turned 1 he because a toddler overnight! Crazy! Xox

• Maayan Sloan May 13, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Yay for Brody!! So proud of that little guy!!! And um how did I not know about his new hair cut? Can’t wait to see it!!!

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:04 am

Thanks friend!!!! We love you!!! Ahhh I HAD to get him another haircut. My mom was calling his hair puffy and bubbly… who says that?! But she was right. It was def too long. It’s so short now!!! Hope you had the best weekend!! Xox

• Amber Shannon May 14, 2016 at 11:19 am

Congrats on your cutie’s mobile feat! He’s going to conquer to world now :)
    Doodles Doughnuts sounds awesome… I’ll have to keep that place in mind!!!

Hope you’re having a great weekend!!

Amber
    All the Cute 🎀
    Latest Post: Skater Chic…

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thanks girl! It’s crazy how quickly he learned how to walk and only a few days later and he’s like a pro! And yes!! You must try doodles! It’s such a fun place! I hear their apple fritter is amazing! Xox

• Hannah | Daily Opulence May 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Love that makeup bag!

Shop & Get Inspired | http://www.dailyopulence.com

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 10:00 am

Didn’t my mom do well on that!! It’s SO fun and girly! Hope you had a great weekend! Xox

• Elizabeth aka Ela May 15, 2016 at 12:22 am

That is so awesome and exciting! He’s such a fricken cutie. Hope ur having an awesome weekend :-)

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 9:59 am

Thanks girl! It’s amazing how quickly they learn!! Hope you had a great weekend too! Xox

• Chow Down USA May 15, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Umm YES PLEASE to that gluten free donut! Now I’m hungry :D And your new apple band is super cute, I love switching things up! Hope you had an amazing weekend!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 9:59 am

Ha! I know, right?! I want that donut again! Thanks for the apple watch band love. Wore it all weekend!! Xox

• Glenda Rivera May 16, 2016 at 12:44 am

Yay! Congrats to that adorable baby boy first steps :) next thing you know, he’s talking yay. I know the feeling ;)

♥ from http://www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

• Dana Ivy May 16, 2016 at 9:58 am

Thanks Glenda!! He says a few words and I still can’t get over it! He’s growing up so quickly!!! Xox

• BettyCook May 17, 2016 at 4:38 am

The baby is so cute, nice post

DreamyDressShop

• […] of a baby pink to be exact {hence it’s the accent color on my blog and the color of my new iPhone case}. Hot pink, on the other hand, never really stole my heart. It’s not that I hated it but I […]

• […] Brody and Asher to Doodle’s Donuts. I talked about this a little bit in a Weekly Wins post but if you want to see an entire collage of Brody go to town with his donut, […]