Monthly Musts // June 2016

Monthly Musts is a series that showcases a few things for Chicagoans to do during the upcoming month, a few things that Chicago parents might want to do with their kiddos {#iadoremomlife}, and a few things ANYBODY should do… whether you live in Chicago, Alaska, Mexico or some place in between! Take a look!

I Adore What I Love Blog // MONTHLY MUSTS JUNE 2016 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

JUNE IS HERE!!! Typically, I try to write this post on day one of the month but because of the issues with my blog not loading last week, today will have to do! I hope you can forgive me internet friends. {#prettyplease} Either way, here’s the list of monthly musts for June that you won’t want to miss! Get excited!

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGOANS:

1. There are a million art fairs all over the city during the summers but the one that everyone loves the most is the Old Town Art Fair! Fun fact: it was even rated the #1 art fair by artfaircalendar.com. You don’t want to miss it! Taking place June 11th and 12th there are many gates to enter: Lincoln Avenue & Wisconsin Street, Lincoln Park West & Wisconsin, Sedgwick & Menomonee, Sedgwick & Wisconsin, Menomonee & Wells, and North Park & Willow. A donation of $10.00 per adult is requested but it’s oh so worth it!!

2. Beer Tasting At The Zoo AKA Brew to Be Wild {such a fitting name for the event, right?!} takes place on Friday, June 17th and Saturday, June 18th, and it’s exactly what you would imagine it to be: an adult-only beer tasting event at the zoo! Your $49 ticket includes getting to try a selection of more than 75 specialty brews from 35-plus local and regional breweries, alongside animal encounters and they’ll have lawn games, too! Food will be available for purchase as well as a DJ to rock out to!

3. Date night! Choose from a 60 or 90-minute Architecture Fireworks Boat Tour happening every Monday and Wednesday night! It’s literally the perfect summer activity!! For ticket prices and specific timing, click here

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGO FAMILIES:

1. The kids can’t be home for the summer without heading to see one of the many ‘Movies in the Park’ taking place all over the city! Here’s a list of all the family-friendly movies showing in June!

2. Every Wednesday and Saturday you can head over to Green City Market Lincoln Park {it’s a ginormous and amazing local farmer’s market} which is located outside for the summer on the south end of LP on Clark St. Kids love helping their parents pick out local food for the week and you will definitely see lots of strollers roaming around the grounds! Bonus: you might even be lucky enough to catch a chef demo too! More info here

3. If you have kids who are old enough to sit still, this is an activity they will appreciate! The Spongebob Musical will be broadway-bound in Chicago from June 7th to July 10th at the Oriental Theater on Randolph Street. Click here to learn more on their website!

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD:

1. Unreal premiers tonight on Lifetime!! If you have not seen this show, you should totally start now! It’s basically a scripted series that’s supposed to represent a behind-the-scenes look at a reality TV series very much like ABC’s Bachelor. I binge-watched season one in like 2 days a few months ago and I couldn’t stop thinking about it either when I wasn’t watching. Probably definitely exaggerated but I feel like it gives me an amazing glimpse into the production world around the Bach. It’s raw though – and not for the light hearted – just putting that out there!

2. Go for a run and listen to this workout playlist that I created FOREVER ago {but was obviously new to me then}!! Running + listening to some epic fast oldies = the best!

3. Celebrate Pride Month where ever you live! Many cities have legendary gay pride parades that you won’t want to miss out on and I truly think everyone should attend one of these parades at least once in life because they sure are fun to watch! Check the Gay Pride Parade Calendar for all the major cities it’s coming to this year! PS here is the info for Chicago’s Gay Pride Parade if you’re interested =)

4. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19th! Obviously we need to celebrate all the special dads in our lives. Come back and visit the blog on Wednesday because I’m going to have a BADASS Father’s Day gift guide for ya!!

5. I am making a goal for June to be the month where I start working out again… first I’ll do some running with my oldie tunes that I shared above, and then I want to take a yoga class! Coincidentally, International Yoga Day is on June 21st and even if you’re not into the practice, take a little time for yourself on that day. Because you deserve it!

6. Umm duh this last and final one hadddd to be on my Monthly Musts list for June!! The Real Housewives of Orange County Season Premier airs June 20th and let’s just say I am already counting down the days! My favorite housewives next to the gals of Bev Hills! Can’t wait for the juicy drama, as always!

You should do THESE things this #June! Read for more info NOW! #chicago #monthlymusts Click To Tweet

What are you most looking forward to doing in JUNE?!!?
{seriously though, how it is really june right now?!?!}

• Jessica Lee Hart June 6, 2016 at 7:43 am

I must say beer tasting at the zoo sounds like such a fun adventure!

Jessica

the way to my Hart

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 8:33 am

Right?!!? If I wasn’t gf I would be there without question! Happy Monday! Xox

• Courtney June 6, 2016 at 7:47 am

A beer tasting at the zoo sounds amazing!! And I really toned to plan what I’m going to get for my dad for Father’s Day!

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 8:32 am

I agree! If I wasn’t gf I would be at the zoo for the beer tasting in a heartbeat!! Can’t believe Father’s Day is so soon already!! See you on Wednesday for my fun gift guide! Xox

• Deena Simair June 6, 2016 at 7:58 am

i saw a preview for that Unreal show…I have a feeling i would like it. Will set up PVR

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 8:31 am

Yes!! It’s an insane show but I love it!!

• Lauren Scorzafava June 6, 2016 at 9:18 am

That beer tasting at the zoo sounds so fun!

Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Yes!! Totally agree. If I wasn’t gluten free I would be there in a heartbeat! So happy you found my blog, Lauren, and hope you’ll be back to read more!! Xox

• Biana Perez June 6, 2016 at 9:26 am

This makes me want to visit Chicago in the summer right now! SO much fun for you guys! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:46 pm

YES!! Come visit Biana!!!!! We can have a “blate” as you call it =) Let me know when you book your tickets! Haha I think I just planned a trip for you! Xox

• Amy Ann Arnold June 6, 2016 at 9:32 am

What fun activities! I am dying to visit Chicago.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:45 pm

You need to visit! Especially in the summer! Book it girl! Xox

• Shauna C June 6, 2016 at 9:45 am

I’m so bad about finding stuff do do here in Orange County…you’ve inspired me to be better about that this summer!! Hope you had a great weekend!!

Shauna

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Awww yay! That was a comment that put a smile on my face! Weekend was fun! Hope you had a great weekend too my friend! Xox

• Nina June 6, 2016 at 9:55 am

That boat tour sounds great, and I need to check out tha workout playlist. Hope you are having great day so far. xx
    Nina

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Isn’t the boat tour awesome?!! And yes! Check out of the playlist! It’s an oldie but goodie and will def make you want to move!!

Xox Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com

• thefashionfolks June 6, 2016 at 10:56 am

Lovely list, have to check out the spotify list! Xx

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Oh yes!! Check it out!! An oldie but goodie for sure! Xox

• Lily Ayala June 6, 2016 at 10:57 am

Now I really want to visit Chicago! Y’all have so many fun things to do!
    beautywithlily.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Come visit Lily!!!!!!!!!!!!

• C A M I June 6, 2016 at 11:17 am

These are great things to do this month!

My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Thanks girl! Glad you liked the post! Xox

• WhatWouldVWear June 6, 2016 at 11:28 am

Beer tasting at the zoo?! OMG! I need to tell my hubs — he’s gonna die! Don’t you just love our city?! SO awesome!

Happy Monday, love!

xoxo, Vanessa

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Yes!! Tell your husband! If I wasn’t GF, I would tooootally be there! And yes, obsessed with our city Vanessa!! Born and raised – there’s nothing better!! Happy Monday to you! Xox

• Candace June 6, 2016 at 11:39 am

Wish they had a SpongeBob musical here. I’m such a kid lol. I love him though :)

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Hahah oh I hear ya on that! I am such a kid too and I have a kid which is still crazy to me! So glad you found my blog, Candace, and hope you’ll be back to read more! Xox

• Jenna June 6, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Such a fantastic list. June is a truly wonderful month!

Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Jenna, and so glad you liked this post! I hope you’ll take some of my ideas for yourself this month and come back to read more posts!! Xox

• Dara June 6, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Love your yoga goals! I used to take class once a week (I know it’s not much, but it’s something!) and really felt good. It pairs up nicely with meditation too :-)

— Dara // http://www.peoniesandhoneybees.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Thanks lady! Once a week is definitely something and I give you lots of credit! Before Brods, I took yoga all the time but I just could’t stand the hot yoga!! Haha

• Tamara June 6, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Chicago sounds like so much fun!

XoXo,

Tamra – loveofMode.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:25 pm

You must visit Tamra! Best city {I’m just a little/a lot biased} haha!

• Kate @ Green Fashionista June 6, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Movies in the park are always a great idea! And yessss to the return of the OC ladies, bring on our OG Vicki and the rest of the gals! Can’t wait :-D

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 2:25 pm

YES YES YES!!! Hahah with you on everything you said there! Xox

• Jalisa June 6, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Even though I don’t live in Chicago, I really appreciate these posts because I know that whenever I do go, I can always check out your blog for that month’s post on what to do and I’ll have some great ideas! You are such a great source, seriously! That art fair sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing, gorgeous, and I hope you have an amazing week ahead!

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 8:57 pm

You sure know how to make a girl’s day my friend! To hear that this guide has the ability to help you wherever you live or go is music to my ears! The Old Town art fair is always a good time! You need to visit already Jalisa!! Xox

• Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side June 6, 2016 at 5:12 pm

How fun is this? I love Chicago, need to pin this for when we do travel there. My son keeps asking when we are going back :)

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Yes! Pin away my friend! You must come back soon, of course, especially since your son is begging for it! And summer is the best time to visit! Let me know! Xox

• Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side June 6, 2016 at 10:01 pm

I know! I think my sister puts him up to it, she loves it there! One day we will get back there, it’s such a cool city!

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Hahah that’s amazing! Smart sis you got there!!

• Carolyn June 6, 2016 at 6:35 pm

visiting Chicago this summer and will keep this in mind!

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Omgosh Carolyn! You’re going to have the best time!!!! Are you coming in June, July, or August because I will have more monthly musts posts ahead too! Xox

• Face to Curls June 6, 2016 at 7:07 pm

What fun activities! Chicago sounds like so much fun! Hubby and I have friends there and planning on visiting soon. Can’t wait! x

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 9:05 pm

You have to come! It really is the best – and I’m only slightly/really biased since I’m born and raised! Haha! Let me know if you decide t make the trip Ann-Marie!! Xox

• Amanda June 6, 2016 at 8:13 pm

As a Chicagoan, these are spot on! Happy Summer <3

Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

• Dana Ivy June 6, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Woohoo! You too lady! So glad you stopped by my blog and hope you’ll be back to read more! Xox

• Brooke & Erica June 6, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Man, it sound like you have a lot of awesome stuff going on in Chicago! I’m headed there for a weekend this month but sadly it will be after Brew To Be Wild and the Art Fair. :(

Erica

• Maria June 7, 2016 at 1:00 am

Chicago sounds like so much fun! I’d love to visit Chicago one day.

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:47 am

Chicago is THE BEST!!!!!!! You must visit girl!! So glad you stopped by the blog… makes me so happy =) Xoxo

• Trang Do June 7, 2016 at 1:18 am

Great post dear!! Love it!

Xoxo,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:45 am

Always appreciate when you comment, Trang! Thank you and so glad you liked the post!! Xox

• Violette June 7, 2016 at 2:13 am
  • Mónica Sors June 7, 2016 at 4:40 am

Interesting ideas:)

Mónica Sors

MES VOYAGES À PARIS

NEW POST: OFF THE SHOULDER AND STRIPES

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:44 am

Thanks lady! And so glad you found my blog! Hope you’ll be back to read more!! Xox

• Shaunacey June 7, 2016 at 9:12 am

Chicago is one of the cities I’m dying to visit!!! I’ll have to keep this list in mind if I ever get there.. can’t wait for your gift ideas, I’m strugglin lol

• Julia June 7, 2016 at 10:40 am

Beer tasting at the zoo sounds so fun!! I wish they had that in San Francisco. They do have something a bit similar at one of our aquariums where they do cocktails nights everything Thursday. Great monthly round up as always love!

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:42 am

Right!?! Cocktails at the aquarium is so much fun too! We have that also!! I need to get to San Fran one of these days. Been too long! Xox

• Jill June 7, 2016 at 8:50 pm

This is such a great activity reference! The architecture boat tour is the best! I can’t wait for the Old Town Art fair this weekend!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:40 am

Thanks lady! Agree about the boat tour! We live right on the river and literally see {and hear} the boats go by 24/7 all day long from morning until night! y son is obsessed with the boats! And yay for the art fair! We will be there too! Xox

• Falasha June 7, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Great share, I would love to visit Chicago again and the open market sounds amazing.

xx Falasha

Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin’ ll Join the Secret Guide

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:39 am

YES!! My son and I are actually going to the Green City Market today! Looking forward! And PS you need to come back here girl! Xx

• Lana L. June 8, 2016 at 12:39 am

What a fun idea for a series! I’ve driven through Chicago, but never been able to visit. Soon I hope! And I can’t wait for Housewives of OC either! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)!

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:38 am

Omgosh you have to come sooner than later! It’s a fun city to visit because there’s so much to do!! Yay for OC Housewives! And thank you for stopping by my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more! Xox

• Taislany Gomes June 8, 2016 at 6:12 am

Definitely agree with the music part. Cannot live without it!

Take care doll! Kisses,

BLOG | TAISLANY

• Dana Ivy June 8, 2016 at 8:35 am

Right?! I’m with you girl! Xox

• […] all morning long! Then, it was Wednesday so the Green City Market {which I mentioned in this months Monthly Musts post} was open too. We all had lunch together there and it truly made for the most […]

• […] which was something I had been wanting to do for foreverrrr. {i even talked about it in my monthly musts post for […]