Weekly Wins // #19

Weekly Wins // #19

June 17, 2016 in I Adore Mom Life, I Adore What I Love >/div>

Weekly Wins is a series where I touch on my “wins” from the week in the categories of love, buy, do, eat, give, read, tech, watch and wear. It’s 100% my favorite post to write. Enjoy!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

This might have been the most amazing week ever?! Did I say that last week too? But it really was… I guess you can say this summer just keeps getting better and better!! We were busy busy busy. Aside from all the wins you’ll read about below, I took my first yoga class in over a year, we went to the zoo again, we had numerous lunches outside, and lots of park dates with friends! The best!! Onto the wins…

LOVE:
Brody’s new stroller! So we have two strollers, guys. With city living, it’s kind of a necessity. One of the strollers is the UppaBaby Vista which is pretty heavy duty and we leave it at home because of that. It’s great though and I LOVE it for so many reasons!! The other one is a smaller scale stroller that I keep in my car and use on the go. Well, we’ve been using the UbbaBaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller and I really wasn’t a huge fan because of way too many annoying things that went along with it… so we decided we needed to switch it up! We got the BabyJogger City Mini {which is $20 cheaper than the g-luxe in the stores!!} and I AM OBSESSED!!!!! The best features are that I can see Brody from the back when the shade is down, I can push it with one hand, Brody seems more comfortable all around, you can buy the snack tray accessory which is a game changer for being on the go, it’s still light weight, it reclines, and it’s just EASY! It is one of the best strollers I’ve ever used! And Brody loves it too! Check the cool dude out while we were using it at the zoo this week!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // BabyJogger City Mini Stroller // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

BUY:
Brody’s new waterproof boat shoes!! We haven’t actually worn them outside or in the water yet but B has gotten very comfortable wearing them around the house. Aren’t they dapper? Shop them here

PS I must let you all know that I did end up getting the super distressed jeans that I talked about last week!! I couldn’t not!!!! Get used to seeing them because I plan to wear them all the time! Woohooo!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // People Footwear - Sena Boat Shoes // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{checking out his new waterproof boat shoes}

DO:
Impromptu date night seeing the White Sox beat the Tigers! I’ve never scrounged to get a babysitter so quickly in my whole entire life! The hubs and I had the best night and we had the BEST seats to boot. Literally we were behind home plate on top of the field. It was a nail biting game the whole time and the good guys won! Woohoo! Oh and there were also Banana Split Dippin’ Dots involved. Mmmmm.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // White Sox Game // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

EAT:
We ended up going to Gibson’s Steak House for our anniversary over the weekend and while my skirt steak was TO DIE FOR, these shrimp cocktail were some of the best I’ve ever had!! And I’ve had a lot of shrimp cocktail in my life {it’s my fave!}. They were SO big and SO cold and so FRESH! I’m still thinking about them!!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Shrimp Cocktail // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

GIVE:
For our anni we said we weren’t doing gifts this year but of course I had to buy Isaiah a little something something! I ended up getting him these waterproof birks for the pool that I also featured on my Father’s Day Gift Guide!! He loves them!! By the way, Father’s Day is on Sunday so if you haven’t gotten anything yet, definitely consult the guide ASAP… it’s epic =)

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Birkenstocks // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{also included in the photo: my favorite sunscreen stick}

READ:
So 4 years ago this exact week the hubs and I were in newlywedded bliss on our DREAMY honeymoon in St. Barths and Anguilla! Read all about it here on the Ever After Honeymoons blog =) PS if you’re looking for someone to plan your honeymoon or any upcoming luxurious vacay, Katie is the best of the best!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Honeymoon in St. Barths // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{our first day in St. Barths shopping around their downtown area // one of my favorite pics of the two of us, EVER!}

TECH:
I’m loving the new{ish} Honest Company AppBasically, it’s amazing! You can shop and share your favorite Honest Co items, you can update your bundle preferences, you will get shipment notifications and more! Not to mention, it’s totally appealing to the eye, super straightforward to navigate, and any product is easily searchable. Even more, if you use the app and are a member of the site, the company will sometimes give you free surprise items {think baby and adult personal care items, full size Honest makeup products, a bath towel for your babe, etc.} in your monthly bundle. Can’t go wrong with that!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Honest App // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WATCH:
Devious Maids!! You guys, I have been a fan of this show since season 1 and it never seems to disappoint. I love it so much and the storylines continue to impress entertain me! Susan Lucci cracks my shit up! And I’m truly invested in all of the characters. The season premier was last week but I caught up on the first two episodes of this season on Wednesday night. Summer TV is the best!!!! On the contrary, what was up with the Bachelorette not airing on Monday? I was so excited to watch and then realized it wasn’t going to be on. Wah wahhhh.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Devious Maids // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WEAR:
A baby!! JK but how cute is my friend Lisa’s baby Nora?! Answer: the CUTEST!! As is this workout top I’m wearing! It’s my new fave! I bought mine oversized and it’s oh so comfy because of that! You can’t tell in this pic but one of the best parts about it is that it’s suuuuuuper long. Also, you see the gray mesh detail on the top, it’s also on the bottom as well. LOVE! Only $19.99 and comes in four different colors. Buy it here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #19 // Champion Workout Top // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

@babyjogger @whitesox @allbirkenstocks @gibsonssteak = #weeklywins #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

Happy Father’s Day weekend!!! How are you celebrating?
Let me know in the comments section now!

• Courtney June 17, 2016 at 6:35 am

I’ve always loved going out to watch baseball games, so your date night sounds absolutely wonderful! And how cute are Brody’s new boat shoes??!

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Yes it was!!! And thanks for the boat shoe love, Courtney! You are the sweetest!! Xox

• Deena Simair June 17, 2016 at 7:53 am

Damn, those seats for the game were awesome. I have never sat front row behind the plate but it is on my must do someday list! Maybe I’ll come watch the Jays play the Sox :)

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Damn is right. Row 1 – we weren’t complaining! All thanks to one of my husbands clients! And yes, come to Chicago to watch the Jays!! Comiskey Park is the best!

• Charity June 17, 2016 at 8:55 am

I’ve had so many good times at Gibson’s and their crab cakes are the best! Have a great weekend…

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:40 pm

So funny you said that because I wanted to get their crab cakes as my entree but they weren’t gluten free!!! Love Gibson’s! It’s a classic!! Xox

• The Beautiful Things June 17, 2016 at 3:34 pm

i wanted to start ‘maids’ and never got around to it…guilty pleasures! http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Omgosh it’s on on demand and so good! You will love!! Do it girl – and report back. I’d love to know what you think!!

• Mica June 17, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Aww, your friend’s baby is adorable but your son is really cute too! :) Looks like a great stroller! :) Our little man has outgrown the stroller, but his baby brother is loving it, ha!

Away From The Blue Blog

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Thanks Mica!! While I love this one, I can’t wait for the day Brody outgrows his stroller! Ha. When does that happen???

• Mica June 20, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Our little guy’s outgrown it already before he turned 2, he just won’t sit in it long at all!

• Shaunacey June 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm

lol how cute is that baby!!!!?!?!
    Also, baseball dates are the BEST!! We had one last week :)

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:38 pm

She’s sooooo cute! Baseball dates really are the best!! Xox

• Tif @ Bright on a Budget June 18, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Such a great week! Happy anniversary–ours was last Monday. Those boat shoes are just the cutest.

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:38 pm

It really was!! Thanks girl! And also, appreciate the boat shoe love! We wore them out of the house all week and got tons of compliments! So glad you found my blog and I hope you come back to read more!!! Xox

• Candace June 19, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Such an adorable baby. Sounds like you had a pretty eventful week!

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Thanks Candace! You’re the sweetest!! Xox

• Chow Down USA June 19, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Girl your seats at the baseball game are beyond amazing!! How did you get those?? I love a good baseball game :) Hope you’re having a fab weekend!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Row #1!!!! They were insane!! My husband’s client gave them to us! So fun! Weekend was great and I hope yours was too!!

• C A M I June 19, 2016 at 9:54 pm

These are all great pics girl, love your choices!

Have a great day!

My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Thanks lady!! So sweet!

• […] I thoroughly enjoyed every minute!! The only thing is that I feel like I didn’t promote Friday’s Weekly Wins from last week because we were THAT busy and while I instagrammed all weekend long, I actually […]

• Jalisa June 20, 2016 at 9:29 am

That stroller looks amazing and super practical! As you know, I have no little ones of my own, but I’d definitely be the mom that would want everything that makes life easier for me and comfy for the little one and that one seems to be just that! I have to get my hubby one of those waterproof Birks because we need to retire those dated (SUPER dated) ones he always wears to the beach and pool. It’s so weird, my hubby loves to hold on to things that look as though they’re falling apart, haha. I had to finally throw away an old shirt of his that looked more like a slice of swiss cheese, lol. Anyway, I’m glad you had a wonderful week and that you purchased those jeans! I saw a snap on Insta and I can’t wait to see how you continue to wear and style them, I love them! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead, beauty, and thanks so much for sharing!

• Dana Ivy June 20, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Stroller is amazing!! I continue to love it day in and day out and I can’t believe I lived without it for this long!!! Better late than never right?! Your hubs sounds like a hoot but mine is the same way so I toooootally get it. MEN! And yay for the new jeans!! You’re the best my friend!! Xox

• Face to Curls June 20, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Sounds like you had such an eventful week and Happy Anniversary! Your little baby is just so super cute! :-) x

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Ahh!! just seeing this comment! You’re the sweetest, Ann-Marie!! Xox

• Laura June 21, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Ahhh!!! You can never go wrong with Dippin’ Dots and baseball!!! What a fun week:)

Laura

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Ahh!! just seeing this comment! You can say that again! Hope all is well, girl! Xox