Monthly Musts // July 2016

Monthly Musts is a series that showcases a few things for Chicagoans to do during the upcoming month, a few things that Chicago parents might want to do with their kiddos {#iadoremomlife}, and a few things ANYBODY should do… whether you live in Chicago, Alaska, Mexico or some place in between! Take a look!

I Adore What I Love Blog // MONTHLY MUSTS JULY 2014 PART 2 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! ‘Tis the holiday for all things red, white, and blue and I just adore it!!!! Also, I forgot how much I love summer until recently!! I’ve always said that fall is my favorite season, and spring came next, then summer and winter last but I might have to rethink this… I’m pretty sure summer is tied with fall these days as my TWO favorites! I just love them both. And lately, summer in Chicago has been PERFECTION. While there have been some really hot days as well as some chillier days, for the most part, the weather has been spot on glorious. Which basically just means more time for outdoor adventures, including heading to the park every chance we can, checking out all the animals at the zoo, and walking strolling around town. YES PLEASE.

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGOANS:

1. So if you have no clue where to go to see the fireworks tonight, here’s a little directory for ya:
{and if you don’t see your town below, check here for me info on other cities}

2. The Taste of Chicago is obviously the most delicious festival in town! You can expect 40 restaurant booths, food trucks, a beer hall, a wine garden, a cocktail lounge, and free concerts all taking place in Grant Park July 6-10th. Admission is free but food tickets will cost you!

3. While a much smaller scale event than the Taste of Chicago, the Taste of River North is another monthly must!! You’ll be able to enjoy food from local restaurants, shop from local vendors, and hear live music throughout the weekend! It’s one of my favorite festivals to attend every summer!

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR CHICAGO FAMILIES:

1. Take your littles to one of the many Chicago parks with a splash pad! It’s the perfect way to have fun and cool down on a hot day! Click here for a directory of where to find these gems!

2. During the entire month of July until August 21st, bring the whole family to Millennium Park from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for music, crafts, and other summer fun activities for FREE. Um, can you say AMAZING?!?! {can’t wait to bring the Brodster!!} For more information, click here.

3. If you have kids 3 and up, this one is for you: take them to see the Blue Man Group playing at the Briar Street Theater on Halstead. The show combines music, technology and comedy to create entertainment exciting enough for the whole family! For more info and ticketing information, click here

MONTHLY MUSTS FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD:

1. Celebrate Chocolate Day on July 7th anywhere in the world! Promise it’s a real thing. On this day, you are given full permission to enjoy your favorite chocolate bar of choice. Or, make this white chocolate {mint} bark recipe that I posted the recipe for foreverrrrrr ago. It’s INSANELY delish and super easy to make! A real crowd pleaser, too.

2. On July 9th, make sure your eyes are glued to the TV at 9am ET on ESPN to watch the Wimbledon women’s final tennis match. And the day after that at the same time on the same channel is the men’s final tennis match. One may not think this excites me, but it really does. Fun fact: I’ve actually been to Wimbledon, and love this kind of sporting event!

3. Get ready for the drama people because Sunday, July 1oth is The Real Housewives of NEW JERSEY premier date! Woohoooooo! Set your DVRs now! #obviously

4. National Ice Cream Day is July 19th. Can’t wait to celebrate by eating allllll the ice cream I can get ahold of. I think I might have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And you should too. Because… I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream! {be on the lookout for lots of ice cream photos from me that day on insta #justsaying}

5. There’s no better time than a warm summer night to check out the stars above you as well as a beautiful full moon. According to NASA, the full moon will be out on July 19th at 5:57 p.m. central time. Ooolala.

6. Even though this is a Chicago event, it’s a HUGE Chicago event that people from all over the world come in for… which is why I must include it on this part of the list! Typically it takes place at the beginning of August and only for three days but this year, Lollapalooza is happening from July 28th-31st, so we get one extra day in the music lineup! If you’re unfamiliar, Lolla is one of the biggest music festivals in the world. Some famous names in this years lineup include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lana Del Ray, and Ellie Goulding. Amazing! You don’t want to miss it. More info here

You should do THESE things this #July! Read for more info NOW! #chicago #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

How are you celebrating the holiday today and tonight?!?! Who’s going to see the fireworks?!?!

PS to make up for only posting once last week {read my explanation on that here}, this week I am posting EVERYDAY to the blog! So come back each day this week for new and original blog posts! Hoorayyy!

• Jeanne July 4, 2016 at 8:49 am

Wow, so many things to do in Chicago! Hope to visit someday.

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Chicago is the best during the summer!! So if you come, you need to visit during June, July, or August for sure!! Definitely the best months!!!!!! Also, so glad you found my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more!! New posts everyday this week! Yay! Xox

• Violette July 4, 2016 at 9:11 am

Looks like a busy schedule! Have fun!

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Not technically a set schedule for me, more like I put this together so everyone can learn about new things going on during the month! Whether you live in Chicago or not!! Hope you had a great day, lady!! Xox

• thefashionfolks July 4, 2016 at 10:21 am

The chocolate day is just a must, totally acceptable to eat chocolate all day long! Xx

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t agree more, friend!! Xox

• Louann Kristy July 4, 2016 at 10:26 am

All my eyes saw was Chocolate and Ice cream ! Oh my. lol

Happy 4th July !!

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Hahahah yes! I hear that!! Hope you had the best holiday, girl! Also, so glad you found my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more!! New posts everyday this week! Yay! Xox

• WhatWouldVWear July 4, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Happy 4th. Dana! LOVED this post — it reminded that we need a play date with our boys and have them splash at the water together! Let’s make it happen, sweets!

Have a great 4th, love!

xoxo, Vanessa

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Thanks Vanessa! Hope you had the most amazing holiday with your family! Let’s seriously plan a playdate!! Anytime!! We are around in the mornings and afternoons {basically before and after B naps!} Let’s get something on the books! Xox

• Tamara July 4, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I’m excited for national ice cream day hahah! Not that I need an excuse to eat ice cream! Happy 4th and I hope you’re having a great start of the week Dana !

XoXo,

Tamara – LoveofMode.com

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Right?! You and me both! Hope you had the best 4th of July, my friend!! Xox

• Adele Miner July 4, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Ah amazing.. I am craving ice cream now haha.

adelelydia.blogspot.com

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Me too!!! Also, so glad you found my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more!! New posts everyday this week! Yay! Xox

• Treats and Trends July 4, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Chocolate Day is right up my alley! That recipe sounds delicious!

Jamie

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Right?!?! And I’m telling you – you will love that recipe! It’s so easy and so delish! Let me know what you think if you make it! Xox

• Chocolaty Prints July 4, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I enjoyed reading this and discovering that I get to enjoy Chocolate day…thank you for the recipe! cant wait :)

Karen|http://chocolatyprints.com/

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Yay! You will love that recipe… i’m telling you so delish and so easy! Also, so glad you found my blog!! Hope you’ll be back to read more!! New posts everyday this week! Yay! Xox

• Shaunacey July 4, 2016 at 7:54 pm

chocolate AND ice cream days?! I’m going to need to work out at this rate

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Yes and yes and probably yes! Hahaha =) Hope you had the best 4th, my friend! Xox

• Uzo O July 4, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Woop! Woop! Thanks for letting me know about the national ice cream day . I am going to set a reminder on my phone . I am really silly and childish anytime I hear the words ice cream and cakes. On that day i will make to try every flavour available… hehehe. ..lol . Great post

• Dana Ivy July 4, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Oh but of course!! Set that alarm girl… that’s actually a great idea. I may do the same! Hope you had a great 4th of July! Xox

• Jesica July 5, 2016 at 3:06 am

I still haven’t been to Chicago (it’s on my list) but girl you better believe I won’t be missing out on chocolate & ice cream day! :D

xx Jesica

• Lindsey @andthekitchensink.net July 5, 2016 at 7:47 am

Never been to chicago, but I’d love to go!

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm

You must come to the Chi, girl!! You will love!! Especially in the warmer months – but it’s pretty in the winter too. Just bitter freezing if you can handle it!! So glad you found my blog {but so sorry I am just seeing your comment!} Hope you’ll be back soon to read more! Xox

• […] if you missed yesterday’s post – July’s Monthly Musts – click here to read it […]

• Deena Simair July 5, 2016 at 9:59 am

Chicago is on my cities I must visit!

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

YOU MUST VISIT!! I’m a really great hostess and a professional tourist in my own city! Xox

• Lily Ayala July 5, 2016 at 11:09 am

I’ll be eating ice cream all day too, on the 19th! And maybe even sneak in an extra chocolate bar on the 7th! Haha!

• Lera July 5, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Chocolate and ice cream days? Count me in! :-)

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Ahh just seeing this comment but right!?! I hope you got in on the chocolate and ice cream day action! Xox

• […] each day of the week. I feel so accomplished today! If you missed any of my previous posts, click here to read my Monthly Musts for July, click here to read part one of I Adore What I Did […]

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 9:27 pm