Weekly Wins // #22

Weekly Wins is a series where I touch on my “wins” from the week in the categories of love, buy, do, eat, give, read, tech, watch and wear. It’s 100% my favorite post to write. Enjoy!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

Fun week! Let’s talk wins right away!!

LOVE:
Summer! It’s glorious but hottttttt. I am not taking the warm days for granted though, that’s for sure! The fact that we can leave our building and in 5 seconds be at the park is amazing or even just taking walks outside is one of mine and Brody’s favorite things to do. Also, ice cream. Eating lots of ice cream is more than acceptable this time of year. Winter don’t come back!!!!

My one goal for this weekend was to eat ice cream at cone!! ????✔️ #iadorewhatieat

A photo posted by Dana Ivy (@danaivy) on

BUY:
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that we bought the Amazon Fire TV on Amazon Prime Day for a little over 30% off. Woohoo for deals! Funny though, the Fire TV is NOT actually a TV at all; it’s a device that you plug into your TV via an HDMI cable that gives you all the apps you’d ever want… like Amazon Prime Video {which does not come on an Apple TV if you’re comparing}, Hulu, Netflix, and so much more! Can’t wait to use it! Shop it HERE. And also, if missed: read my post from Monday about 9 reasons why being an Amazon Prime member is worth it!! I almost titled it 9 things you don’t know about your Amazon Prime membership… because most people who are already members don’t know all the incredible benefits!! And if you do want to join, find out how to get it for free by reading the post here.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // Amazon Fire TV // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

DO:
Watch the Bachelorette with friends at a bar! I’ve decided this is the best way to do it. Some of my bachelorette-obsessed teacher friends and I went to a pizza restaurant/bar on Monday night where they play the show on all the big screens! For those of you who live in Chicago, we went to Ranalli’s in Lincoln Park and they have Bachelor/Bachelorette viewings every Monday night that the show is on air. It was so fun to go there and see roses and rose petals on all the tables! Plus, it was a treat to watch with friends, eat pizza, and have a drink! Andddd just an FYI: they had DELICIOUS gluten-free pizza!!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // Bachelorette and Ranalli's // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

EAT:
RPM Italian at home in my jammies for din! Isaiah and I don’t normally order out at fancy restaurants on a random weekday but we randomly decided to order dinner from RPM Italian {which, by the way is my most favorite restaurant of ALL TIME} on Wednesday night via Postmates and it was freaking amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Let’s see, we got gluten free Bolognese pasta, their avocado brussel sprout salad, grilled octopus, charred corn, halibut, and Mama DePandi’s famous meatballs {which I can’t eat because they aren’t gfree but Isaiah loves them}. Umm, are you judging?!?! I will tell you this… while it was all INSANELY delish, we have enough food left over for an army. And when I say army I mean we have enough food left over for at least two more nights of the week for both of us and for Brody! SO WORTH IT. –> Just a side note, Postmates is pretty much the best service ever. You can order from ANYWHERE and they will buy you ANYTHING!!!!! Want free delivery {up to $10} on your first order? Click HERE or use my referral code: cycw7. You’re welcome!

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // RPM Italian via Postmates // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove
{pictured: RPM’s grilled octopus and avocado brussels sprout salad}

GIVE:
Goodbye kisses to our friends Maayan and Jeffrey. They moved to suburbia this week and while we are SO HAPPY for them that they bought a real house with a real backyard and a front porch all to themselves {woohoo!!!}, Brody and I already miss them in the neighborhood! Like, a lot. We saw them and hung out with them almost every day so there is definitely going to be a real void in our world. BUT we also know just because they left us doesn’t mean it’s goodbye forever! We’ll see each other all the time still, just now we’ll simply have to make advance plans to do so. This photo was taken on our last morning walk to Starbucks together. Tears.

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // Jeffrey and Brody // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

READ:
I’m heading to LA next week for my friend’s wedding and in honor of the trip, I thought it would be fun to read about the time I went to LA and met Lisa Vanderpump, only the very best housewife ever! So I actually talked about it for a hot second in Wednesday’s post that was all about 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me but if you blinked, you might have missed it! I read it back too and it is SO FUNNY. Take a look at the post HERE to see how LVP and I became total besties {in my mind at least!}.

California Vacation Part 2: Lisa Vanderpump is my Bestie! - via www.iadorewhatilove.com

TECH:
For all you 80’s babies like me, did you hear the news?!?! Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games! I die! I was uuuuber into {and really good at} Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda growing up. These 3 games are in fact 3 of the 30 already loaded onto the new device coming out on November 11th for $59.99. SO EXCITING aka I need this. Read more about it here

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // Miniature Nintendo / www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WATCH:
Mistresses! This week’s episode was SO GOOD. So many story lines to comment on but my favorite is the one with Joss’s soon-to-be sister-in-law dating her ex-fiance. Stranger things have definitely happened on this show but WHOA. Didn’t see that one coming. And I loved the character of Brian so I’m glad he’s kinda, sorta, back in the picture :)

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // Mistresses // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

WEAR:
These chambray drawstring shorts {sorry for the wrinkles!!} that I got from The Gap years ago! I’ve seriously been wearing them all week! They are really comfortable and just easy. I love. Luckily for you, years later, The Gap is still carrying them in their stores because they are that big of a hit with everyone! Shop them online HERE. And OMG they are $24.99 right now down from $44.95!! Go get em

I Adore What I Love Blog // WEEKLY WINS #22 // The Gap Chambray Shorts // www.iadorewhatilove.com #iadorewhatilove

@ConeChicago @AmazonFire @RPMItalianChi @LisaVanderpump @Gap = #weeklywins #iadorewhatilove Click To Tweet

PS Who’s been shopping the Nordy’s early access sale?! Stay tuned because I have an UHMAZINGGGG round-up of the cutest fall clothes coming to you on MONDAY!

It’s the weekend! Anything special on the agenda?
I’d love to know in the comments section of this post!

• Maayan Sloan July 15, 2016 at 7:21 am

Omg I’m crying and smiling all at the same time! This was the sweetest and most suprising honorable mention! We miss you guys so much already and Jeffrey is asking for “Bro, Bro” so suburb date soon!!! Plus my favorite shorts in the same post??

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm

We love you!!!!!!! Bro Bro is seriously having withdrawals from his bestie!!! Can’t wait to play on Wednesday… I don’t understand how it’s been so long already!!!! Xox

• Lily Ayala July 15, 2016 at 10:03 am

What….the Nintendo is making a comeback! In mini FORM! Yesssss!! My brothers are going to be so excited when I send them that link!! Happy weekend beauty!

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:09 pm

YES and yes and yes!!!!!!!!!! November needs to come already so we can all get our hands on it!!! Can.not.wait!!!!! Xox

• Emily July 15, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Hearing about Nintendo was awesome! That restaurant sounds so good too. Hope you have a great weekend!

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Thanks girl! You’re so sweet! Hope you are well!! Xox

• Aditi Oberoi Malhotra July 15, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Great post!! Interesting too hear about Nintendo!

Adi xx

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Aditi! So glad you found my blog and hope you’ll be back to read more! Xox

• Neelam July 15, 2016 at 10:22 pm

The sound of your RPM meal literally made my mouth water. I hope to get to Chicago and RPM one day! And let’s just have a moment for Mistress – totally my summer guilty pleasure! Love this post.
    Neelam

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:08 pm

RPM italian is honestly my most favorite resto in the world!!!!!!! I’m lucky that it’s in my home town and about a 2 minute drive from my house!! PS mistresses is the best!! Can’t wait for next week when it comes back on again! Xox

• Funmi Alabi July 16, 2016 at 3:57 am

Yes, yes, yes to everything! I particularly like the idea of watching your favourite shows with your favourite people at a bar!

Have a great weekend.

Funmi x
    funmialabi.co.uk

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Right?!? Thanks for stopping by the blog, dear! Xox

• Mica July 16, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Oh yum that food looks so good – making me hungry! Sorry your friends are moving away, but great that they aren’t going too far so you can still meet up, even if it takes a little more planning :)

Away From The Blue Blog

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Awww thanks girl. We are hanging on Wednesday and I can’t wait!! Brody is going through withdrawals from his friend Jeffrey! Xox

• Kasie Chelanne July 17, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I missed the news about the Nintendo release…holy amazing! And I 100% agree that Postmates is the best service ever. I don’t know what I’d do without it.

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:06 pm

HOLY AMAZING!! You can say that again! Except November cannot come fast enough!! I want to buy it already! Postmates is the best!!!!!! Hope you are great!! Xox

• C A M I July 17, 2016 at 8:47 pm

That ice cream just look so delicious and the colors are so cute! I didn´t hear the new about the Nintendo!

Have a wonderful day, xx

My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Oh so glad I could bring the mini nintendo news to your radar… except November needs to come already so I can buy it!! Xox

• Amber Shannon July 18, 2016 at 1:37 am

Have a fun trip in LA!!!
    CONE sounds like a yummy ice cream shop to try! I’m loving these summer days, too!

Amber
    All the Cute ????

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Cone is amaze! You must try it!! It’s in the west loop!! Xox

• Candace July 18, 2016 at 6:31 am

I will definitely be buying that Nintendo. Super Mario and Paperboy were my games!!!

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Paperboy!!!!!!!! I forgot about that one!!!!! November needs to get here asap!! Xox

• Colleen K July 18, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Those shorts look like perfect ‘mom uniform’ material! I love anything cute and easy in the summer!

xoxo http://www.touchofcurl.com

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:03 pm

They totally are! I wear them around the clock… just realized that they are sold out now {grrr} but I found an equally adorable similar pair in my latest blog post! Go check it out!! Xox

• Amanda July 18, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Oh my yum, that ice cream looks too good! And those little baby buddies in their strollers are just too precious <3 Looks like such a fun summer!

Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Definitely a fun summer!! Can’t complain!! Xox

• Brooke & Erica July 18, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I love ice cream in the summertime, it’s the best! I should watch Mistresses, I always see it coming after the Bachelorette, but haven’t tuned in, you’ve got me interested now!

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:02 pm

You will LOVE Mistresses!!! Promise!! Xox

• Ashon July 18, 2016 at 3:57 pm

You always come up with great ideas! Enjoy reading your post as always! Keep them coming…! Recently even I started watching this Mistresses Series, and it’s quite entertaining :)

xoxo Ashon

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Thanks lady!! You are so sweet!! Mistresses is the best but I’m annoyed because it’s been on a mini break these last few weeks. Can’t wait until it comes back on next week!! Xox

• thefashionfolks July 19, 2016 at 8:18 am

Sounds like a lovely week, especially the ice cream haha! Xx

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Haha oh yes, the ice cream was the best!! Xox

• Kathryn July 19, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Those chambray shorts look like perfection, especially for these hot summer days! The best combination of comfortable (and light!) and chic. Love it.

Kathryn • The Fashionography

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:00 pm

They are amaze! I wear them nonstop!!! Xox

• Luci's Morsels July 19, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I love my ice cream as well, Dana! Can’t get enough of it during these hot summer days!

Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.

• Amy Thiessen July 20, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Yay! Just found your blog- so so cute! Excited to read on! :D

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Omgosh hearing that just made my day!! Excited you found me and hope you’ll be back to read more, Amy!! Xox

• Stephanie July 20, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I love the red rose at the Bachelorette party. It’s such a fun little detail! And I’m totally squealing at the mini- Nintendo. I’m totally adding that to my birthday wish list!

Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 6:59 pm

I die over the Nintendo… but can it come out already?!?!? Xox

• Jessica Luxe July 24, 2016 at 2:22 am

OMG you met Lisa and Giggy, amazing! This roundup in on pointt

BLOG | BLOGLOVIN’

• Dana Ivy July 29, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Yes I did and it was way more glorious that I could have ever imagined! Haha! Thanks for checking out my blog, Jessica! Hope you come back to read more!! Xox