Raise your hand if you fall guilty to NOT eating breakfast?! Just me?? It’s basic advice that I’ve literally been given my whole life – breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now, I’m no dietitian but common sense would tell me that this is a very true statement, with one caveat, that as long as what you’re eating is healthy and filling. Unfortunately, that’s not an easy combo to find in a breakfast, but I’ve created the ultimate breakfast recipe that is not only SUPER healthy, and is not only SUPER filling, but is also DAMN GOOD and so yummy that you’re literally going to want to eat it every single morning of your life… even when it’s NOT pumpkin season. Enter: my pumpkin chia pudding parfait!!!
Now, I don’t know about you but when I wake up in the morning, my favorite things to eat are COLD. So pudding is right up my alley in the AM. I also love yogurt, but knowing the health benefits of chia, I would choose to eat this any day of the week over yogurt. What are the health benefits of chi, you ask? According to this fact-based website, they are:
- fiber filled
- loaded with antioxidants
- high in quality protein
- high in Omega-3 fatty acids
- they may reduce blood sugar levels and inflammation
- + loads more!!
Plus, you can make chia pudding non-dairy which is a huge plus in my book!
One more thought: if you happen to be having a house full of guests over, you can also make this in your trusty parfait/trifle dish so it’s good to go for the morning! Your guests will thank you, trust me =)
So before I share the recipe, and since our favorite holiday of thanks is literally NEXT WEEK, I must point out that this would make an excellent Thanksgiving dessert! Simply serve it in a large parfait/trifle dish and you’ll be good to go. Have you ever seen those? You can find one HERE. I have one and have used it a bunch. And actually, as I’m sitting here typing, I just decided that I’m going to make this and bring it to my family’s Turkey Day dinner this year! Bonus points on the fact that it’s the absolute easiest to whip up!
Ok, ready for the recipe? There are only 6 simple ingredients! Let’s do this…
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Parfait
- 2 cups cashew milk can sub ANY milk that you love
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 aerosol can coconut whipped cream You can use any kind of whipped cream but I found this coconut one at Trader Joe's and am obsessed with it!!
- 1 banana – sliced
- 1 sprinkle pumpkin pie spice This is not to be combined with the 2 tsp also on the ingredient list.
- 1-2 cups pure pumpkin puree This is not to be combined with the 1/4 cup also on the ingredient list.
- First, make the Chia Pudding…In a bowl, combine the milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin pie puree, honey, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Using a whisk, stir well until everything is completely combined. Then, add in the chia seeds to the liquid mixture. Stir well with the whisk for a few seconds and make sure the seeds don't clump up. Let sit and wait 10 minutes before stirring again. Cover and put in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours. Once the pudding is ready, make sure you stir well again!
- To make the Parfait…Using the remaining pure pumpkin puree, put a layer of it on the bottom of the dish or bowl or jar, then layer on that the sprayed whipped cream, then the sliced bananas, then the pumpkin pie chia seed pudding, then a dollop of the whipped cream in the center and finish with a sprinkle of the pumpkin pie spice!
Not going to lie, this is actually even better than it looks. It was HARD to photograph. But I promise promise promise that it is insanely delish and wildly nutrient dense. I really and truly hope you love it as much as I do!
With that said, please PIN this post so you have it saved for the future! I have been eating it nonstop and have a feeling I’ll be making it for myself even after the holiday season. Feel free to also email it to yourself or to your friends and fam! Be sure to use the pink buttons directly below this post to do that!